Chapter 9

I woke up at 10 again.

Yesterday I had bought a pair of pajama trousers so u could walk around comfortably all day.

I rolled off of the couch and onto the floor, I didn't want to get up.

"Oh, good morning Harry," Sydney saw me on the floor and went into the kitchen. I got up and followed her. "Good morning, I thought you would be at work." "It's Sunday." "Oh, right."

We sat down and had breakfast together. "So what do you want to do today?" "Well every Sunday I go down to the library to get a new book. Then I go to Swirls and Twirls to get some fro yo. I come home, read my book then watch chick flicks. They're always on channel 40 at 4 pm. Then for dinner I heat something up then I go to bed at 9."

I was trying to take it all in. "Wow, you actually have a schedule." "Yeah." "I asked you what do you actually WANT to do?" "Oh, I don't know."

We had a couple more bites of cereal.

"Do you want to see a movie?" I asked. She cleared her throat, scratched her head and tilted it to her right. She closed her eyes, "um, no. No, I don't." "Okay well we can just hang out by the beach, if you want."

She abruptly stood up.

"Uh, let me think about it." She hurried into her room. I heard her door close.

I cleaned up the stuff on the table and washed the dishes.

I walked down the hall to her bedroom. I stood outside the door quietly trying to listen to what was going on. After a few second of nothingness I knocked on the door.

"Sydney, can I come in?" I asked calmly. "Just-just a minute." I heard something close. "Okay, you can come in." I walked over to her.

She stood beside her bed.

"Is everything okay?" "Yeah." "Are you sure?" "Yes, Harry I'm sure." I could tell she forced a smile onto her face. "You know when people say they're fine, they're usually lying?"

I put my arms around her.

"Look at mr know it all over here." She pulled out of my arms. "When I say I'm fine, I frickin mean I'm fine." She stormed out of her bedroom.

I sat on the bed. I wish she would let me in. I need to know what's making her act like this.