Chapter 17

HARRY'S POV:

"Nobody comes to mind; I've only been with her for about a week. I mean," I let out a huff of frustration and shook my head.

At that moment, another detective walked into the room.

"Got anything Beckket?" The male detective asked the female detective. "Nothing, no prints, no blood. There was no sign of struggle at her house either," she looked down at me, "who's this?"

"I'm Harry, m'am; Sydney's boyfriend." "Were you there when this happened?" "No m'am, I had just left her house on my way to the airport."

She looked at me more seriously.

"Where were you going?" She said firmly.

"Well you see, I'm in a band and I was on break with Sydney and-" She cut me off, "I didn't ask for your back story, kid. I asked a simple question; where were you going?" she planted her fist on the desk I was seated in front of.

Now I was intimidated which added to my anxiety of thinking about Sydney.

"England, m'am." "Don't call me m'am, it makes me sound old. Call me detective." "Sorry, de-" I began. "You don't need to repeat." She turned her back to sit next to the other detective.

My eyes widened and my hands shook fiercely, "so what about Sydney?!" I accidentally yelled.

"You said that she never spoke of any enemies?" "Nope." "Nothing at all?" Detective asked.

My eyes widened yet again.

******

"His name is Alex ;Riley and him used to be friends." "What happened?" "He raped me!!!"

******

I touched my chest remembering how she fell against me.

"Harry?" the male detective asked.

"Alex. She said he used to be her brother's friend but this Alex guy raped her. And we saw him at a restaurant we went to." "Did she mention a last name?"

I shook my head.

"Beckket, get a profile of every Alex around 20 years old located in this town." "I'm on it," and she strutted away.

"Thanks, Harry" he shook my hand.

"What now?" "We're going to get profiles and we'll call you once we get them."

"But she's out there now! You can't just sit around and wait!!" I stood up after the man. "We have officers out there and this is the best we can do. I'm sorry."

I shook my head in disbelief. Why Sydney? If it's that Alex guy again, I swear I'm gonna kill a son of a bitch. I'm going to find her since these sorry excuses for cops won't.