Chapter 3

Immediately after the show ended I wanted to get on the bus and get back to the hotel so I could get enough sleep to wake up early the next morning. We rode back to the hotel and I quickly went into my room and laid in bed. I laid down, my phone in my hand, and just closed my eyes.

I started thinking about her and what I should say. Thinking about her made me want her more. She was so different then anybody else I've ever met, she's not aware of who I am and I kinda like that. I can start over again and just take my time letting her know who I really am. I dozed to sleep anxious for the following morning.

I got up energized and got dressed. I woke up my body guard and got going to the same coffee shop. As we were pulling up I saw her walking into the café with the same book in her hand. I quickly got out of the car and went into the small shop.

She was sitting at the same table in the far corner with her nose buried in her book sipping her coffee. I ordered the same thing I did yesterday. I took my cup and walked over to her, Sydney.

"Hi Sydney." I said when I stood in front of her table. She looked up from her book and rolled her eyes. "Hi...Harry." "Can I sit here?" She sighed, "sure." I could tell she really didn't want me there but I just have to make her mine.

"So what's going on?" I tried to start a conversation. "I'm reading a book." "Cool, for fun or for school?" "I wish it was for school." "What do you mean?" She looked up from her book and adjusted her glasses. "I can't afford college." There was a long pause. "Oh. So do you live by yourself?" "Um excuse me?" "Do you live with your parents?" "Why do you want to know?" "Cause I could help you out." She had a disgusted look on her face. I realized what I said, "not like that. I meant if you need money I could help with that." "Look I'm not needy okay? I know you're a celebrity and you want to make yourself look good, ok? I don't need your help." "I'm not like that. I'm only trying to help." "I don't need it" she snapped. "Okay. I'm sorry I'm just nervous." "Nervous about what? You know I could help you with that" she was mocking me. I couldn't help but smirk. "About talking to you." "Please" "Really. I like you and I want to get to know you." "Cut the crap." "What?" "Nobody wants to talk to me...why would they?" "I don't know why they wouldn't want to. But I think you're a pretty cool person and you're really pretty too." She looked at me with an unpleased look. There was another long pause.

"Well, um, Sydney I'd love to talk to you more." "I bet you would." "Can I have your number?" "Why should I trust you with my number?" "Please don't play this game with me." "Fine, since you asked so nicely." I took out my phone and went to contacts. "Ok." "It's 632 never gonna happen." "Please Sydney. I really like you and I'm not going to be here much longer please give me your number. I want to stay in touch." "632-387-2057 " "Thanks." She got up and quickly walked to the door. "Hey, can I drive you home or something?" "I can walk." "But I have to give you my number." She tilted her head at me. "Fine." I went to reach for her hand but she jerked it away. "Not so smooth now are ya?" I led her to the car and opened the door for her, I got in the back along side her. My body guard was driving.

"It's nice to know how the other side lives." I ignored her comment, it made me feel bad. It made me think that maybe there's a reason why she only wears sweatshirts and raggedy jeans. "Where do you live?" "Only a couple of blocks down. Just keep going straight down to Walkers Street and then make a right." "So do you get coffee every morning?" "Only on Fridays and Saturdays, it's like a treat for me." "Cool. So um can I see your phone so I can put my number in it?" She hesitated, "uh, sure yeah." She reached into her front left pocket. "Here you go" she handed me a Samsung flip cover phone. It was hard to spell out my name with my big thumbs. "Sorry it's so small." "It's alright. My thumbs are really big." We turned down Walkers Street.

"You can drop me off here." "This is where you live?" "I live the next block up but I can walk the rest of the way. Thanks." "No, we'll drive you." "No, no really it's fine. Bye." She scrambled to get out of the car. "Syd-" she slammed the car door. I sighed to myself. She didn't smile at all, but at least I got her number. I looked to the right where she sat, she left her book. I told the guard to stop the car.

I saw Sydney walking down the sidewalk. I grabbed the book and hopped out of the car. I jogged to catch up to her.

"Sydney!" I yelled behind her. She turned around. I got up to her and she had tears in her eyes. "You left your...book. Are you alright?" She shook her head up and down. "Yeah, I just...I missed my book." "Let me walk you the rest of the way." "No, please. Your chauffeur is waiting." I laughed, "he's not my chauffeur, he's my body guard." Sydney looked at me, her face still slightly flushed.

"I'm going to walk you home." I put my arm around her back and started walking with her but she stopped in her tracks. "No! You can't!" "Why not?" "I don't want you to know where I live." "It's not like I'm gonna stalk you." "It's not that, I don't want you to feel bad for me and then take me in like a bird with a broken wing. Ok? Because I'm not broken." "If you don't want me to take you in then I won't but at least let me see where you live." She looked me in the eyes and nodded.

She lead me further down the street and stopped in front of a small tiny little house. It had maybe two flower plants and a small little tree with sparse grass. The neighborhood was dark and dingy. The house itself had missing roof shingles and the paint on the front door was chipped. She lead me up the cracking cement pathway and onto the little stoop.

"In England I lived in a house as small as this one. It's not that bad. You and your family have done a good job." She let out some more tears. "I live alone." "Oh. Well you did a great job." "I need to go now. But thanks." "You're welcome Sydney. I hope to see your beautiful face again sometime soon. I'll be calling you." "Ok...Harry. I'll answer your calls. Thanks for talking to my 'beautiful' face. Bye." She smiled. That was the first time I've seen her smile. It made my heart speed up.

"Bye." I went to give her a hug but she already pulled away and walked into her house.

I ran down to the car and went back to the hotel. The picture of her smile couldn't leave my mind. It seemed so rare for her, it was hard to make her smile and I've done it. I can't wait until I see her again. I just wish I didn't have to leave.

Her sassy comebacks made her so much more attractive. And the way she's unlike anybody else I've been into before. She's funny, sassy, sarcastic, and witty. She's very beautiful also. And she's not very skinny like most girls want to be, she's curvy and just has an amazing body. She's so gorgeous and I just want to make her mine.