Chapter 16

HARRY'S POV

"What do you mean there's nothing you can do?! She's been kidnapped for God's sake!"

I yelled at the detective, my voice filled with anger and guilt.

"I'm sorry sir. But we are doing our best. Right now we have 15 officers out trying to find her. That's all we can do right now."

I scanned the detective's face trying to figure our what to say next. It feels like I'm in a blur. Everything is foggy and the only thing I could see was Sydney. On the floor. Beside me. Just talking. And not even to me, but her brother. Speaking everything that was on her mind; almost everything anyway. How could this happen? I swore I locked the door behind me. Maybe I left the back door open? That has to be it. It's all my fault. I-

"Sir." The man's voice boomed waking me from my slurred daydream.

"Im sorry. I was just thinking. Who would do this?? It obviously had to be somebody that knew that she would be alone." I shook my head in disbelief as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Well do you have any ideas of who might have done this?"

SYDNEY'S POV

I mumbled under the fabric that was covering my mouth. My breath was making the cloth wet and was making it harder to breathe. My pulse sped up as I felt the car sharply turn a corner. I kicked my feet up and down as if it was going to do anything.

"Shut the f**k up." A strained deep voice said into my left ear.

I mumbled again this time in an attempt to insult my kidnapper.

I gave up with my screaming and frantic movements and just stayed still. I think it's best for me to save my energy for when I'll need it most.

I heard the heavy breathing and tormenting of the car's engine. I heard every gear change this man performed as each was followed by a small huff.

My heart slowed to its regular pace as I spoke to Riley in my thoughts. I tried to ignore the fact that I was being kidnapped. It was working until we came to a sudden stop.

"Don't move." the voice strained again. "As if I have a choice" I mumbled to myself under the fabric.

The door slammed and soon I heard my car door open.

"Get out of the car" his voice seemed to change every time he spoke.

I wriggled my tied feet towards the right and twisted my torso to match. I scooted forwards towards what I think is the side of the seat. I plant my feet on the ground and struggle to stand up.

"I got a easy one this time." The man's voice echoed. Hands with the grip of a wrench squeezed my arms as he pulled me up. "Do you think you can walk or do ya need to be held?"

I feared being over his shoulder again. My body was overcome with horror and stress. I started to shake. I took a step forwards. Another. Another. Ever so slowly.

CRACK

I jumped backwards and started to cry. Suddenly his hand slapped my cheek. "It's a frickin' stick."

My body started to tremor even more. I became stuck. I couldn't move. At all. It felt like I could barely breathe. I gasped again at being clenched.

I felt his shoulder jut into my stomach as he flipped me over his arm.

I cried and purposely drooled hoping to be dropped.

He grabbed up at my body as put me down.

"Sit!" His voice boomed. I did so, terrified I'd loose my life at any given second.

I fell into a chair. I felt the kidnapper tie something around me to secure me to the chair. Probably rope.

Oh God, I pray it's only rope. Please, God protect me. Please, have mercy on me. Help me through this please.