Chapter 9: The Hospital

"Is she here?" I ask, clinging to Scott's side. Scott, Stiles and I raced to Derek's loft and told him what happened. He mostly remained emotionless until he saw the mark on my neck. He immediately grew angry that one of his pack was hurt, but got over it quickly.

Now, we are hiding in Derek's loft, waiting for Jennifer to go to Derek. "Yeah, she's talking to him." Scott says. "Now." Scott whispers, pulling me with him as we walk into view.

Scott keeps me behind him as Jennifer turns to face us. "So... They told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Jennifer asks, feigning offense.

"We told him that you're the one killing people." Scott corrects her, keeping his hand in mine.

"Oh, that's right." She laughs, making my blood boil. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it during my lunch hour. That way I can get back to teaching high school english the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles' voice comes out broken and cracked.

"How should I know?" Jennifer turns back to Derek with a pleading glance. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

"No." Jennifer says, taken aback.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." I but in, trying to step forward, only to meet Scott's body.

"Lydia Martin? I don't--"

"Or why you almost killed Emma." Scott growls, tightening his grip on my hand.

"I don't know anything about that!"

"What do you know?" Derek asks calmly.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story." She turns to us. "And one they can't prove, by the way."

"How about the marks on my neck or the burn marks on my wrists from the wolfsbane soaked ropes you used to tie me to a chair?!" I ask angrily, flipping my hair to show the mark as well as holding up my wrist. "Or, the other method." Scott holds up a jar of herbs.

"What is that?" Jennifer asks, slightly scared.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure. Which means you can use it--" Scott says, unscrewing the cap.

"And it can be used against you." I say.

"Mistletoe?" Jennifer breathes before I grab the jar and throw the contents all over Jennifer.

She screams as the mistletoe surrounds her, her illusion breaking for an instant, but just long enough to show Derek. The dust flies down and she glances at Derek, gasping for air. She takes off but Derek grabs her throat and holds her in the air. "Derek, wait, wait, wait! You need me."

"What are you?" He growls, his other hand ready to rip out her throat.

"The only person who can save your sister." I feel my hand tighten against Scott's. Stiles told us that Cora collapsed and went to the hospital but no one knew what happened. "Call Peter. Call him!"

Derek calls his uncle but only gets angrier. His grip tightens and she starts to gasp for air. "Derek." I say, alarmed.

"Derek, what are you doing?" Scott yells.

"Her life-- it's in my hands." Jennifer gasps which only gets her higher off the ground.

"Stop!" I scream.

"Derek, stop!!" Stiles yells.

"Stilinski, you'll never find him." She says wickedly. Stiles does a double take and I grab his hand, leaving Scott. I wrap my hands around his torso, trying to be comforting.