Chapter 6

Nicole could not stop thinking about what Olivia had said to her. She doesn't care about me at all? Her coming over didn't change anything? What's so bad about liking me? Why didn't she ever mention that girl before? Nicole's mind was flooded with questions.

She dropped it. She figured them being friends was better than nothing and at least Olivia was happy with the other girl. Isn't that what I want? To see her happy? But she would be happier with me. Maybe she loves the girl. No way. She never even mentioned her name.

They kept their friendship and they started getting way closer. They made nicknames for each other, texted everyday, and Nicole even stayed by Olivia's side when she broke up with her girlfriend. Then one day something terrible happened. Nicole had gone to the bathroom during a class and ran into some trouble along the way. Five guys started harassing her and tried forcing her into the bathroom with them. She managed to get away and went to the office.

That day she told Olivia on the phone what had happened. Olivia promised to go with her back to the office the next morning so she wasn't alone while filing a report.

The next morning Nicole was sitting in the office writing her incident report when Olivia asked to use her phone. She gave it to her and finished writing. Olivia told her not to read the memo she wrote until they were away from each other.

When it was time to go to class Nicole opened up her notes and started reading. Hello Hi Fuzzy I just wanted to say I think some things are changing with my feelings towards you. It just takes time so we'll see where this takes us. Nicole was so shocked. She knew Olivia was changing from her old bad habits and actually believed her this time when she said she liked her.

After class she saw her and could not stop smiling. All her hard work of staying by her side, never giving up on her, and just being a good friend finally paid off. She finally had a real chance with the girl of her dreams. She never thought it would happen but it just took some time. Now she just had to work towards a relationship.