Chapter 12 (finally I managed to upload) :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP

Brittany’s P.O.V.

Still unable to speak I opened the car door and walked to the front door of my house. I unlocked the door using the spare key we kept under a potted plant near our door. I unlocked the door and turned around and waved to Jesse to let him know I could get in then replaced the key. I quietly walked into the house, closed the door, and slid down the door finally sitting on the floor. I touched my lips remembering his soft lips against mine.

“Finally, I thought you were abducted by aliens,” Josh said coming from the kitchen.

“Well I’m sorry; at least I don’t leave my younger sister without telling her,” I said while standing up.

“True, but you were sleeping.”

“True, but you could’ve woken me up.”

“True.”

I walked upstairs, did my nightly routine, and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesse’s P.O.V.

 “That was probably your first kiss wasn’t it?” I asked her.

Well no dip Sherlock! God I’m so stupid.

She nodded.

“Goodnight,” I tell her after giving her a quick kiss on her lips.

I watched her walk up to her front door and waited for her to unlock her door before driving off.

I’m going to have to go out and buy a dog tomorrow. Why couldn’t I have picked another lie to say?

This whole thing is making me feel horrible. I’m lying to my mate.

I got home and went straight to my dad’s office.

“Dad, either we need to go out and buy a dog or I have to tell Brittany about what we are,” I told him.

“Son, just get one of kids in the pack who’ve just turned to pretend to be a husky or something,” he said chuckling at his own attempt to be funny. “Well don’t you think it’s a little early to tell her?”

“Yes, but the lying, it’s getting to me.”

“Aaah, I understand, go ahead you have my full approval.”

“You make it sound like I’m proposing.”

“To be honest son, you sort of are.”

I started walking out the room. How and the hell am I going to tell her I was a werewolf?

“We have a meeting with a few Alphas from other packs tomorrow morning, I expect you to attend,” he said before I had the chance to leave.

“What about school?”

“I’ve let the school start late, it starts in the afternoon today.

Brittany’s P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of howling coming from outside. I walked over to the window, and looked down to my front yard.

There was a giant black wolf sitting on my front lawn. As soon as I looked at it, it stared right at me, like it could see me through the window pane. Even though it was around midnight and the moon wasn’t full, I could still see the wolf’s dark hollow black eyes. I looked at it for a few seconds before it started howling again, and a feeling of complete and utter fright crept over me.