Chapter 13 (HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!)

• Dedicated to my new fans and readers!! and old ones!! <3 you!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP

Jesse’s P.O.V.

“Would you follow me? We’re going to go see my mom, she’s really nice.” My sister asked.

The girl gave her a small nod as her answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brittany’s P.O.V.

School. What a wonderful thing to have in this world. Except for when you have no friends. I should really work on that. I mean not everyone can not want to hang out with me! I’m not that weird! I simply run a lot. Everyone sits down a lot, eats a lot, goes to the bathroom a lot, talks a lot, moves a lot, and I don’t criticize them!

I washed my face, got dressed, put my hair into a cute side ponytail, and walked downstairs to go eat breakfast. I started eating an apple.

“Good morning sis,” my brother greeted me cheerfully.

“Whatever,” I murmured still half asleep. I had stayed awake all night terrified of the thing I saw outside my window. I feel like a seven year old again.

“You’re just mad because you can’t skip school today, so today I’ll be skipping school,” he stated.

“Whatever.”

“You’re not going to ask why?”

“Nope.”

“Okay, well I’m skipping school to go to the mall with Laura.”

“Since when do you actually want to go to the mall?”

“Since I’m going to the spring ball with Laura.”

This shouldn’t have surprised me. It’s just my brother never hit me as the type who’d ever go to any type of dance.

“Cool,” I said, not really knowing what else I’m supposed to say.

I wish I could go to just one dance. I don’t even want it to be perfect, like most girls do. I just want a night, without teasing, to have fun with someone I care for.  Images of Jesse popped into my head. God I miss him already.

“Well, you know it’s my senior year and everything and I really do love Laura,” he started to say.

I spit out the piece of my apple that I was chewing, now fully awake, “What have you done with my brother?”

Since when is my brother all mushy gushy? The world is going to end I just know it!

“Yeah I’m planning on telling her the night of the dance, you know make it all romantic like you girls love so much?”

“Since when do you do romantic?”

“I don’t know, but you need to clean those apple pieces up.”

“Whatever.”

“So now you’re back to that?”

“Whatever.”

“You’re so annoying.”

“Whatever.”

“I give up.”

“Whatever.”

“Stop it!”

“Whatever.”