Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Taylor

I've realized everything I've done back those days. I never thought about my parents concern. Even my friends, Austin, and Harry. I'm gonna do the right thing.

I went downstairs and found mom quietly sitting in the couch, watching television and knitting something in her hands.

"Mom..." I said and she turned to look at me. Her smile made me more confident. "I..." I sighed. She looks at me with a worried expression and was about to touch my cheek.

"I'm sorry mom," I cried and hugged her. She was taken back but hugged me back. "I love you mom..." I whispered. Sobs coming from my mouth.

"I love you too Taylor." Mom says and I can tell she's crying too. I pulled away and she wiped my tears.

"I promise I'll tell you guys everything..." I said.

She gave me a genuine smile. "It's okay sweetie, You don't need to explain. We understand everything..." She says. Out of curiosity, I wipe my tears and gave her a questioning look.

"Y-you do?" I stutter. All she did was nodded. I hug her again. "How?" I asked. "You might be angry but, I have read your journal." Mom says.

I'm not mad. I'm perfectly okay with it. I want her to read that instead of me explaining everything to her. I write everything in my journal. It's what I keep everything. Even the songs I've written.

"It's okay Taylor, we're here for you. Everything has a reason." She assured me. "I know teens are like this, but you need to have faith. I was once like you..." She says.

I felt bad. I shouldn't have felt what I shouldn't have. "But look at me? I'm happy. Your grandma talked to me about it. That was even the time when me and your dad met." She giggles.

I could be this happy. I smiled at mom as she continued the story. I giggled when she told me that dad was clueless on how to comfort her back then.

"Thank you mom." I said. I mean it. "You're welcome Taylor. I'm always here." She says. "Where's dad?" I asked, changing our topic.

"Work. I told him to stay and rest but, you know your dad," she laughed. "Since dad's away and Austin's with his new bride. Why not we go out?" I asked, smiling.

I think mom's eyes sparkled and she said, "I'd love to! Where?" She chirped. I've never seen mom so happy like this but, I love it, especially now that I'm the reason why she's happy.

"Not sure, where do you wanna go mom?" I asked, "How about we go to our favorite resto?" She asked and I nodded.

We changed our clothes and went our way to the resto where we both used to go to after school when I was in middle school. I parked our car and we both went in.

I ordered us food and we waited for it. "I thought I'd never go back here with you." Mom says, out of the blue. "Me too mom, I miss this." I said.

I felt bad again. Does she still go here when I was gone? "Yup. I thought it would remove some of the pain." Mom answers. "I may have said that out loud..." I said and laughed nervously.

"Order's here!" Mom says and I giggled. Thank you mom.

-

"How are you?" Harry asks, in the other line. "Never better.." I replied. I went on my window and looked outside.

"I wish to see you again.." He whispers but I heard it too well. "Me too. How could I not? You practically made me again." I laughed in the end.

He laughs too, "As you say it Swift." Harry says. "Do you still have my necklace?" He ask all of a sudden. How can he tell? I smiled and looked down on my neck.