names -xlii-

*Two weeks later*

Heather's point of view

Putting the manila folders aside on the desk, I rolled around in the swivel chair and got up to grab my bag.

I was obliged to take time off of work now and the others wouldn't let me help in investigating the shooting, so I decided to do it on my own in secrecy.

However, I haven't come as far as I had hoped. Actually, I found out nothing I hadn't already known. I tried drawing a facial composite of what I thought I could recall about the shooter, which, to be honest, was nearly nothing, and I reread almost everything I had managed to copy of Spencer's cases the last time I had been in the bureau.

I have been discharged for a bit over a week now and visit Spencer every morning. He is still weakened, as he had already suffered from a gun shot near the same spot once, but the doctor said that his condition is improving more and more day by day and he will probably be out in two to four days.

Today was the same, I got up from the swivel chair to make my way out of the door, locking it behind me after checking that I had everything with me.

----

I greeted the nurses as I entered the hospital, most of them knew me by now. I walked up to Spencer's room and knocked before opening the door.

He looked up from his book to see who it was. Then he put it aside on the bedside table and sat up in bed.

"How are you doing, beautiful?", he asked me.

I made my way over to him and planted a kiss onto his lips, smiling whilst doing so.

"I'm fine.", I laughed and sat down on the bed edge, "what about you?"

"I've been missing you two.", Spence laughed and put a hand onto my swollen belly.

"It's not like I came to visit everyday.", I shook my head, "but I swear, yesterday night I woke up due to my own snores, you wouldn't have been able to sleep next to me."

"Ah, we'll see about that one in a couple of days."

"I will buy you a set of earplugs just in case.", I joked, " I wouldn't allow you to move to the couch to get sleep, I miss your cuddles! But you don't wake up from your own snores, so we should be fine!"

"So, the team is coming in", I moved my sleeve up to take a peek at my watch, "five minutes. Should I grab something for them to drink or snack on?"

"I reckon it's okay as I suppose that they must've just had breakfast. Have you already had breakfast?"

"I wouldn't have managed to come otherwise! This morning I felt hungry enough to polish a  three-pound lobster."

"Hello!?", JJ peaked in to the room, the rest of the team right behind her.

"Hey!", Spencer and I exclaimed simultaneously, opening our arms to hug all of them.

"How are you?", I asked them.

"Don't you worry about us!", Garcia scolded me, "how are you? Are you better, Spencer? How is the baby?"

"Yes, I'm better, now that all of you are here.", he smiled widely, looking at the others.

"Wait, let me get some more chairs so that you don't have to take turns sitting all the time.", I suggested, getting up from the bed.

I just stood there for a few seconds, as I was feeling slightly off balance. I was so scared to fall. Damn you, growing belly, causing my center of gravity to change.