the baby's gender-xliv-

"Hello, come on in!", Dr Kuther greeted both me and Spencer, after opening the door for us to step in.

"Hello Dr Kuther!", we both smiled and sat down, me on the side of the examination couch and Spencer in a chair next to it.

"So how has everything been? 21st week now, you're a little over half way done!", she grinned at me and grabbed a swivel chair from behind her, pulling it over so that she was sitting next to Spencer, facing me.

"I'm feeling very good, honestly! Although I feel like my belly has turned into a hand-magnet.", I said and Spencer chuckled. "Oh, and I'm hungry."

"Right, so you should as you had to appear empty-stomached..Have you felt the baby kicking yet?"

Spence shook his head, "No, not yet."

"Okay, so, are you ready to find out about the gender of your baby?"

"Yeah, we're very excited to.", Spencer answered.

"Right, I can't wait! But Spencer had the idea,only if that would be no problem for you, Dr Kuther, that you could put the pink or the blue romper suit inside this box over there for us, so that we could open it up when our family is present."

"That way we won't be pestered with questions as to why we didn't tell them sooner.", Spencer smiled and took my hand in his. 

"That's a very cute idea, I sure don't mind but then you have to not look at the screen so that you won't spoil yourself.", Dr Kuther spoke.

"That will be no problem at all.", Spencer said, looking at me.

"Okay, we'll start in one second, let me just grab my stuff out of here...", the doctor trailed off, rolling towards a white cupboard at the end of the couch. She grabbed some things before turning the lights down.

She swiveled back and asked me if I was ready, I nodded and laid down on my back.

"This will be a little cold."

I felt a cold liquid on the skin of my swollen belly before she placed something onto it in order to see a picture on the ultrasound device. 

Spencer and I looked at each other, smiling, until I felt something.

"Huh!?", I chuckled, "the baby just kicked."

"Really?", Spencer asked, his eyes getting really wide.

I nodded. 

"Okay, so everything seems fine. I'll just take the box and both the rompers with me after I've wiped this off of you.", she motioned to the substance on my stomach. 

"Do you wish to wait outside?", she asked.

"Yes, that will be fine. Thank you very much, Dr Kuther.", I said before Spencer helped me off of the examination bed.

"You're welcome. It's really not a big deal."

Spencer and I leaned against the wall outside the door, waiting. 

"I can't wait any longer, I really want to know.", Spencer confessed.

"Me, too! We'll have to hurry to the BAU."

"I hope that they're back from the case when we get there.", he said, raising both of his eyebrows in realisation, "what if we have to wait even longer? What if they won't come back until tomorrow?"

The door opened before I could respond.

"There you go!", the friendly woman said, handing Spencer the box and me the bag in which the other romper was in.