O n e

I walked into SouthPoint Highschool, it's been three weeks into the school year and I'm excited to be a junior. Finally not a young child of this school. I'm new to this school so I have no idea what it is like.

I use to live in Chicago, the big city.. Now I live In a small town in Nebraska.. I'm In the middle of nowhere. In a small town called Omaha, it sucks.. I'm a city girl. It's weird to be in such a small place.

I walked into the school already getting a bad feeling about this.. Everyone already knew each other because it's been three weeks since the first day of school.

I walked into the office observing and noticing how nice the lady at the front desk were. They called up an assistant to help me find my way.

As they pulled up my name into the Omaha data base, everything was transferred in my transcript.

"Welcome to Omaha, Chicago girl" a smiling woman said to me.

"Thank you" I responded

The office doors open, to a kid who looked like she was a freshman came in. She was tiny.

"Good morning" she greets the office lady's as she smiles at them.

"Um.. Ir-" the office lady pauses for a moment

"Iris" I say, in a awkward tone.

I honestly hate my name.. it's weird.. It makes me seem weird too. No one has it and I hate it.. I'm not the outstanding one.. I like to fit in where no one can notice me. I'm not anti-social I just don't like standing out .

"it's Iris Ryder" I say to the office lady who looks at me like I have two heads.

"Yes ma'am, Miss.Ryder, this is Miss.Emily, she's a junior, who is probably in most of your classes since your transcript is perfect"

I nod my head, making her understand that I understood. I greeted Emily and followed her out of the office with my new schedule in my hand.

"Can I see your paper?" Emily ask me

I handed her the paper.

Emily was pretty, she had blonde hair and green eyes.. nothing compared to me.. I had dark brown hair almost black looking, my skin was not to pale but white. I wasn't to thin where I was a stick but I was skinny.. Emily was perfect skinny, she had the perfect face too.

She wore make-up a lot of it.. It seemed like she's the type of girl to show off a lot.. the outstanding one of the class.

"We have studies together and lit comp" she said with a fake smile.

"Okay. So do you know where my first period is?" I questioned

"yeah, it's-"

she got cut off by a boy who walked up to her playing with her hair.

"Hey Em" he said with a weird voice and a smirk on his face.

"Who is your hot friend" he says to her giving me his full attention

"No one!" she snaps, than notices I'm staring at her.

"I mean, her name is.."