Chapter 2

PRESENT

My vision is blurry with tears. Pain I've never felt before in my entire life swept thru me like a wave... Reminding me of the months of hard work we all did. It was right there... And now it was burn down, with Walkers filling every inch of that prison. 

Now, walking across the forest, both my Katana's in my hands with blood all over me. I realized I may never see them again. I may never see my family or Daryl Dixon. My hands were trembling with fear and anger. It was right Fucking there! And now it was gone.... 

Sobbing loudly, I collapse to the ground, not caring whether walkers had heard me. We lost... so many people... Dale, Lori, T-dog, Hershel... so many people.... If i would've known this were to happen... I would've stop being so naive. I would've stop being stubborn and spend the rest of my days with Daryl Dixon.

But it was too late. I'm left alone in this world. Not knowing when will be the last time i see them. I don't want to go back. I don't want to go back to the time i was a monster... I just want to be with my family... I want to be with Daryl.... 

Tears fell down my eyes as i clutch my heart. It was so painful... All those months having fights with Daryl did not compare to the pain i was feeling. If only... if only......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAST

"You think you can manage that?" Rick laughed at me, his eyes darting towards my form that was fixing a tarp over the pig fence he wanted to build. "I can manage!" I laughed back, tying the tarp. Once done, i jumped down and stare at my handiwork. "All done!" I threw my hands in the air, smiling happily. "Good job." Rick stood next to meholding up his hand in a high five gesture. 

Still smiling i high fived him, and together, we begin filling up the pig fence with some support on the sides so that the wild pig won't escape. "You grabbed the mother one right?" I asked, once he set free a pig inside the enclouser. "Hershel said, that's the one." Rick pointed at the pig that was happily eating some rotten vegetables we placed on the canal.

We step back and admire our handwork before my eyes drifted of towards our people back at the courtyard. Carol was cooking something for the people and almost a dozen of them were helping by the fence, stabbing walkers that got to close. "We did good." I mumbled, staring at our hard work.

I didn't notice Rick doing the same thing as me but a moment later he replied. "We did. We did very good." He placed his hands on his waist. "You think It'll last?" I asked, wiping the dirt on my fingers at my shirt. Rick shifted his footing and looked at me with a stern gaze. "It has too."  

Together, we stood quiet. Admiring everything around us. Life, death, laughter, chatter. It all comes with a price. I watch my family interact with people, i watch as they held conversations with people. This was what we needed to hold onto. What was left of it anyway.

"I heard that they were going on a run, you going?" Rick asked as he lightly touch my arm. "Yeah, i need to get out. I can't really stand being in here all the time." I turn to look at him. "Alright, but be careful." He gave me a worried gaze. I rolled my eyes at him and began walking away. "Aren't i always?" I yelled back once i was far enough.

"No, you aren't!" Rick yelled back, laughter in his voice. Smiling, I flip him off playfully and began walking back to the courtyard. 

An hour later, while i was busy training with Michonne with our Katana's i got called to go on a run. "Car's all set, we good to go?" Sasha asked, eyes sharp and focused. "Yeah, we good." Tyrese smiled at his sister. "The let's hit the road." I suggested getting in the car with, Michonne. 

"Hey y'all I'm comin. Can't stand it anymore being lock up in a cage!" Daryl said, making all of us look at him. He had a crossbow sling across his shoulder as he look at us. "We can use an extra hand." Michonne smiled at Daryl.

I frown at him before getting up. He placed something by the trunk and i followed him behind. "What are you doing?" I demanded lowly, so only me and him could talk. "Goin' on a run." He said, coldness in his tone. "Not today you are. You need to recover." I pulled him around so he can look at me. Baby blue eyes pierce thru my brown eyes as he stare me down. 

"I'm fine," He pulled his hand back. "No, you aren't." I argued back, but the redneck ignored me. He still needed to recover. Losing Merle was a big blow to him. He still needed time, and going out there wasn't going to fix anything. "Daryl Dixon you, listen to me. You need to stay here. You need time." I hissed at him glaring at his back with my arms folded. 

"Yeah, fine Merle's dead so what? I needa move on!" Daryl snapped at me. By now, the group that was  assembled was slowly going away as to leave us to talk for awhile. 

"Losing someone you care about is never easy... Daryl-"

"I didn't care for him, alright? He was never there! He was never there!" He shouted, leaning against the prison wall with a defeated face. Sighing, i step forward and cup his face in my hands. "Daryl... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... alright? He did it to protect us. To protect you. You're his brother. His only family." 

"Now, he's gone." Daryl spat bitterly. "But, I'm right here. I'll always be here for you Dixon. Always for my redneck." I placed my hand on his cheek and tilted his face so he looks into my eyes. "Damn it Val, What i would do if you... if you..." He couldn't say it.

"I won't. I'm right here. I will never let you go. Now, i need you to do the same alright? Don't let go."

Welcome back guys!!!!!!!!! I you are confused about this chapter. The first part was present. Second part was flashback. Get use to it, It's going to be like this alot.