Chapter 11

It's been weeks... Weeks of following the rail road tracks to Terminus. The pain was dull now, but i pushed it at the back of my mind. We never stay in one place for too long. If some of our group made it out. They must have went to Terminus, right? "Here," Tyrese nudged me, holding out a bottle of water.

I nodded, and drank it until it was half empty. It was noon and the heat was starting to beat down on us now. "Shouldn't be far. Another ten minute walk if i was guessing." Carol frown, looking over at a distance of the tracks. "We'll make it." I sighed, sweat covering my face. 

After that it was silent. The only sounds that could be heard was Judith's baby talk and a rustle or two from a walker, that we silently slip past. We were not in the mood for anything really. "You really think the group's going to be there?" I ask, wiping away sweat.

"We have to try. If this place really is a sanctuary. We can start something there..." Carol weakly smiled at me. "Let's hope they are really there." I responded, forcing my aching body to move on. 

Not less then five minutes later, multiple gunshots could be heard up ahead. We stop in our tracks and listen to the gunshots that rang out for five minutes straight. "Could be Terminus." Tyrese, frown. Bouncing Judith in one hand. "Yeah, it could be. But we can't help them without knowing whether it is safe." I sighed, pinching Judith's cheek.

Judith laughed lightly. "We keep moving-" A loud snarl interrupted Carol. The three of us turned around and saw a lone walker, approaching us with its hands outstretch. Its face was ghastly ugly and i had to cringe. "Here," Carol hold out her hands for Judith.

"No. Not yet. I can't. Not yet." Tyrese shook his head multiple times. I sighed at him and Carol glared at him. "You're going to have to." She replied, flatly before walking towards the walker and stabbing it on the head. I look at Tyrese, i found he was staring on the ground. I placed my hand on his shoulder and pat it. 

"It's alright. You weren't the person that had to pull the trigger." I sighed, remembering that awful memory of me shooting Lizzie. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"

"Valerie, Tyrese! More!" Carol whisper yell as we turn to see multiple walkers from the forest heading our way. "Go!" I pushed Tyrese towards the opposite forest and Carol followed. We hid under a big boulder, looking at the massive herd heading towards the gunshot.

"What do we do?" I asked, once the walkers were within earshot. Carol assessed the situation before nodding. "We go around them. We can stay silent that way and the Terminus people won't see us." Carol suggested. "Let's go," I said, pulling out my Katana's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know I ain't one for takin' stuff but I want the kid's hat. The other girl with the sword, a black chick, man... she fiesty." The man in front of us said. His hand holding down a Walkie-talkie.  I gave Carol a look and she nodded, stepping out, i silently crept towards him and placed the blade on his neck. Looks like these people aren't what they seem.

"Release your finger of the walkie-talkie, now." I commanded. He dropped the Walkie-talkie and placed his hands up. "We're friends with the kid in the hat and the girl with the sword. Tell us where they are." I growled, my blade pressed down harder onto his neck. He wince slightly and look up. "Look, I don't mean no trouble. We go a sanctuary for all up front. I can take ya there." He said, a little afraid.

"No. I think we can handle that." Carol, took out his gun and pressed the barrel to his head. "Move."

We brought him in the house and tied up his hands with zip ties in the corner. We made him lean against the wall as the three of us begin deciding what to do. "This proves it. Their there." I said.