Chapter 5

Present

"We need to do a sweep, thru the entire area." Carol said. The three of us were at the front of the house with the two girls inside. I crossed my arms and shifted my footing. "We can do that, I'll sweep the left maybe find that buck we came across?" I suggested.

"That's fine, but one of us has to stay back with Lizzie, Mika and Judith." Carol frown. "I can do that, but why? These girls are fine on their own." Tyrese said. Carol, frown at him before sighing. "Well, don't take this seriously but Lizzie... she think's these walkers are still alive. That their just... different." Carol look down, her grey locks flowing thru the wind a little. "That's insane." I exclaimed looking at the house.

"I know. And that little girl, Mika. She's sweet. Two sweet. She's weak." Carol, was now frowning angrily. "There's nothing we can do. Some people aren't meant for this world." I sighed, my black hair falling on my shoulder. "Okay, we going to do the sweep now before the sun goes down. Tyrese, you know what to do?" Carol, said. Pulling out her gun. 

Tyrese nodded and he left for the house. I look at Carol, and together we began sweeping the area.

"How are you Carol?" I asked, once we were out near the forest. "Fine. After Rick..." Carol paused, turning to look at me and shook her head. "I did it, because i thought it would be the most humane thing to do. I needed to stop it." Carol, didn't look at me after that. "I understand. I don't blame you. I would've done the same thing. Although a little differently." I flashed her a weak smile. Carol smiled back, but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"How, are you?" She asked. I knew she was referring to my relationship with Daryl. "It got worse. He um... he didn't talk to me. Even if he did he would scream at me. I keep telling him Chloe was the bad guy but he didn't listen. None of them did. Even thou you backed me up. No one listen and then, the Governor came and..." I was closed to sobbing, tears were pooling down my face. Carol turn me around to face her and hugged me. "Valerie I know Daryl. He's just a stubborn man. He doesn't want to admit it. But you can't blame yourself for what happened. It was Chloe's Not you."

"Then why don't i believe it?!" I said, hugging her tight. Carol didn't say anything, simply comforted me as one does to a child. 

Oh, Rick if you would've have just believed me. If Daryl, would've have believe me. If, you all would've just listen... The governor would not have came and, we still would have kept the prison. My mind clouded with anger when i recalled a memory of how we found Chloe.

Past

"Hands up!" I demanded, both my Katana's out, as i glared at the female. Her long blond hair fell on her shoulder as she look up at us with fearful eyes. "Who are ye'" Daryl yelled, his crossbow at her head. "Ch-Chloe." She stuttered, scared. "How many walkers have you killed?" I said, Staring at her. She rose up from her crouch position under the table and stare at me with green eyes. "I-I lost count." She mumbled.

Daryl dropped his crossbow but my Katana's were still out. "How many people have you killed and why?" 

"One, because he was bit." She looked away from me, tears filling her eyes. Satisfied, i drop my Katana's and scan her features. She was dirty and looked as if she was alone for some time.

"Ye' got a group?" Daryl said, his crossbow still in hand. "No, we got overrun." She sighed, leaning against the table and looked down. "Good enough, for me. We got a prison just...."

Present

"Valerie, hey! Hey!" I felt someone shaking me as i snap back to reality. "Hm? Sorry. I just.." I said. Carol stare at me sympathetically, "Everybody makes mistakes..." She said. "But this mistake cost's our home. Dammit, i could tell when people were bad or when people were simply lying. What the hell happened to me that day?" I demanded scratching, my black hair. "Stop blaming yourself." Carol groaned, slapping her forehead. "I can't help it. If it wasn't me, the prison would still be there. And Daryl... Daryl will still be mine." I silently whispered.

"He still is." Carol smiled, pointing at the ring on my finger. "Tell me Valerie, if he really didn't love you. Why would he give you that? He could've just demanded it back, but he didn't because that dumb Dixon loves you. He's just too afraid in admitting you are right." Carol finished her long speech.

"Thank you Carol." I smiled, rubbing the ring. "You can kick their asses for not listening to you when we find them." Carol, patted my shoulder in comfort.

"If, we find them." I said, kicking a rock. It landed near Carol.

"When, Valerie. When, we find them."

I don't know about this, but i did good huh? Just updated. I know Carol's not like this, but i want to show you guys who she is after she turn to an ironwoman. She's sweet to Valerie because Carol's loves Daryl as a friend. She knows what Daryl is thinking. Well, then i got to go!!! Comment and vote!

Ciao.