Chapter 10

Present

"Carol, I know this is completely random... But, i have to leave..." Carol and Tyrese stopped whatever they were doing and stared at me. "What are you talking about?" Carol demanded, her eyes glaring at me. 

I glared back. "You know what I mean! Don't pretend you don't! I have a group out there to find and the both of you simply want to stay here!" I hissed. Carol eyes widen for a fraction, surprise i figured it out. Tyrese did the same. "Valerie, you have to understand. There might not be a group out there that-"

"Bullshit! Some people must have made it out! What about you? Just a couple days ago, you said we would leave, but we didn't!" I yelled, my anger directed to Carol. "We have a good thing going here... Maybe we can-"

"No! I'm not listening to you Tyrese! If it means i go alone. Then I will." I spat harshly at Tyrese who was looking at me sadly. "There might not be a Daryl out there..." He said, softly. "Repeat that!" I yelled, my finger pointing at him. "Valerie, for all we know he might not have got out of that prison alive!" Tyrese, looks around wildly.

"Yeah? How about Rick? Carl? Michonne? Maggie? Glenn? Beth?" I stared. "How about all of them?!"

"Valerie, we can't lose you. We need you." Tyrese sighed. "I'm done. I'm leaving right now. And if any of you want to follow, you are welcome too." I hissed, turning on my heel and back to the house.

I tried so many times before this to convince them we still have a group to find but no one listened to me. I guess its just me left. Behind me, i could hear Carol and Tyrese following me from behind seemingly thinking we can talk this out back at the house.

Huh, bullshit. I don't care anymore.

I was now approaching the house, the trees clearing up. "Valerie, listen. We can..." Carol's voice cut short. I stop walking. My breathing followed.

My eyes scan the girls in front of me. Horror seizing me. Mika was on the ground next to Judith. Dead. Bloody, stabbed on her chest. Lizzie was in front of her. A bloody knife on her hand, a seemingly sadistic smile on her face.

"Lizzie..." I started, my voice shaking. What has she done? "Don't worry. She's not dead. I didn't hurt her brain." Lizzie motion at Mika's not moving body. Tyrese and Carol walk beside me, Their eyes widening at what Lizzie had done.

I dared at look at Judith and sighed in relief when i saw she was still alive. "Lizzie, what have you done?" Carol's eyes watered with tears as she step forward. Lizzie dropped the knife and took her gun, pointing it at Carol. Carol backed up.

"No, Don't! Let me show you! She'll come back. And then you'll see! You'll see she's just the same, just different!" Lizzie yelled, eyes looking madly. Carol took a big breath and was about to respond but i beat her to it. 

"Yeah, Yeah I know. Umm..." My voice shook. "We're just going to umm... We're going to wait for Mika to wake up. But first we're going to need to put her somewhere safer, Okay? Not near Judith." It took everything to smile, because tears were slowly trickling down my face. "No, its fine. I was just about to do Judith." Lizzie look back at Judith who was on a carpet, eyes looking around. 

"She can't even walk yet." Carol interrupted, her voice was shaky. Tyrese didn't say anything, just stared. I hastily wiped away the tears in my eyes. "You're right." Lizzie nodded. "We should wait until she can walk."

I refused to let my anger and grief show as I stare at Lizzie. She lost it. I can tell. "So, umm... I'm just going to tie her up. Put her behind the shed and wait for her to wake up." Carol smiled, moving forwards. Still cautious about the gun. Lizzie thought of it for a moment. "You promise?" She smiled, blood on her face from killing Mika.