The Legendary Meet Of The Nine-Tails'

~August, 2013~

I'm glad to have made it this far. Really! It's not everyday you make it this far in a book with so many pages. It's great.

I'm also going to be having a small contest. Here's the contest:

I'm running out of ideas for events to use before I can get to the fight with Sasuke and Killer Bee, so I want your help in creating one for me in the next chapter. It can be any kind of event. A certain mission the Akatsuki told Katara and her friends to do before capturing the Eight-Tails, a flashback past of Katara, really anything.

The winner gets to have their Naruto OC in the event they picked, or in anytime of the story.

Rules:

1. Send the event and your OC form to me in my inbox, and I will choose who's the best.

2. Must put all details of OC in the form.

3. Make sure the event is from another event in the story. Make it up. It can't be the same as an event from Naruto.

4. Have fun!

And now, enjoy the rest of the chapter!

P.S. If you watched Road To Ninja, a battle like THAT awesome battle will occur in this chapter. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

~Venndye
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katara pov

Devil stared at Sasuke as he sat on a rock, staring at the sky.

We were taking a break near a river for a while. Jugo and Karin had caught up to the three of us, and we had traveled a long distance, so we decided to take a break.

Devil was at my side, rubbing her head against my palm, begging me to pet her, and giving an occasional growl to Sasuke. Karin, Jugo, and Suigetsu were in a deep conversation. Huh. That's the first time I've ever seen them talk without fighting each other.

Okay...strike that off. Karin just punched Suigetsu, and a fight had broke off.

I looked up at Sasuke. I was sitting beneath his rock, and he was staring restlessly at the sky.

"Aren't you going to stop them?" I asked.

Sasuke looked at Karin and Suigetsu fighting, with Jugo off at the side.

"They'll get over it." He said.

I looked into the forest. According to Devil, Itachi was only two more miles away from us. Then the real battle will begin.

"Sasuke, I'm going to go scout along the forest, see if I can get any clues on Itachi." I told him.

He tensed. "It's dangerous. I'll go with you."

"No. I'm fine alone." I told him. "Devil can stay here with you. Just...please don't kill each other." I walked into the forest with Sasuke staring at me worriedly.

The sun was shining pretty brightly, so it felt kind of good to be finally alone.

I trudged through the grass, occasionally catching the attention of a rabbit or squirrel.

Then I heard the first branch snap.

I froze, and hid in the shadows, not daring to go into the light.

I looked behind a certain tree, and saw an eye staring at where I was.

I felt guilt explode into my chest as I recognized him.