Hazel

I hesitantly got in the car. I'd gotten pretty used to Argus' many eyes, but I was still a bit uneasy around him. I squeezed into a seat next to Frank,
with the others siting in the benches behind. Argus spurred the engine and the Camp-Half Blood van rumbled away from the Greek camp. I took a last look at the hill and Thalia's pine tree, before turning forward as we set off for our quest.
*************************************
The airport workers swept their metal detectors over me and waved me on my way. I walked up the airport ramp, pulling a suitcase behind me. Percy and Leo were in front, joking around, and the rest of the seven were still getting probed with the metal detectors. Along the aisle we walked until we found our seats and plopped down. Percy was already gripping the seat, hands shaking, and we hadn't even taken off yet. The flight attendant's voice droned over the loud speaker, telling us all to fasten our seat belts. Several moments later, there was a rumbling sounds rom the engine and the plane began to take off. Suddenly I felt nervous. I'd never been on a plane before. What if it was like how I was on boats? I took a breath and shut my eyes. Soon after, the movement of the plane soothed me to sleep, and I stayed that way until the plane landed.

I woke up to Leo poking me in the arm repeatedly. I glared at him sleepily and sat up from my seat.
"Flight attendant's made another announcement. Plane's landing in a minute. Join us for a war plan meeting?" Leo asked with an impish grin. I glanced around, making sure no one was listening. To my surprise, everyone in ear shot was asleep. I frowned and Leo noticed and said, "Piper may have... persuaded them that they should rest."
I grinned and scooted forward. Percy was arguing with Annabeth.
"No, I don't think we need much of a plan. We land in Pennsylvania.
We find Valerie. We find her invention. We send her back home with the pearl. We fly back. Simple," he said, leaving out the part that one of us might not come home.
"Yes, but that's just the quest. What about Rachel? What if we can't find Valerie?" Annabeth contradicted. Before I could chime in with my opinion, the flight attendant came back on the P.A and made another mind-numbingly long announcement that basically could have been said in 3 words: The plane's landing. I prepared myself for landing.

We stepped off the plane, luggage in hand. Together, the seven marched past the opening gates and out into the airport behind, probably looking like some kind of gang in our black clothes. For a moment I thought this trip might be kind of fun, until Jason nudged me and pointed.
"Hey. We got company."

No, it hasn't been... months. Okay yeah sorry anyways not my fault if this chapter is slightly inaccurate, for two reasons: 1. I forget some of the stuff that happened and I hate reading my own writing, and 2. I've never been on an airplane. This chapter is dedicated to @AthenasErudite