Prologue

© 2013, All Rights Reserved.

( I hope you guys love my new story. By the way forgive my mistakes. I'm going to try to upload more often. Leave me comments to let me know what you think. And, vote if you like it. Enjoy...)

Prologue

"Gabriela Soto, If you step out of this house to go in the arms of this delinquent, you can cross my name out of your birth certificate now. Lo siento, hija." Those words came out of the mouth of that same man she used to call Daddy.

To tell the truth, Gaby didn't care that she would never see her father again. She knew that she couldn't except much from him before she could even learn how to count. The two worst days of her life was the one when her mother passed away in that car accident and the day that she had to move in with this man. The exact man who chose the woman that he loved over Gaby and her mother, Ruth. Therefore she didn't see why she should chose him over the man that she loves. It's true that Mike made some bad choices. But, who was Javier to judge Mike? He had two girls pregnant at the same time. He married the one who scared him the most; and spent the rest of his life asking for permission for everything that he's doing. Gaby was actually thrilled that she wasn't going to have to deal with him, her intolerable step-sister, and mostly, her bitchy step-mother anymore.

Gaby took her suitcase with her outside because the taxi's driver was getting a little impatient; and she didn't want to miss her flight to Atlanta. Florida could be her favorite place to spend vacation, but Georgia was the only place where she could live. It felt more like home there. After they shot her, and she spent a month in coma, Gaby was forced by her family to move to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Now, it was time for her to take her own decision. She already spent four months not seeing her boyfriend and best friend, China; she couldn't take more. Who was going to defend her when her step-mother humiliated her?

The chauffeur put the suitcase in the back of his car. As soon as Gaby was about to hop in the car, she felt a strong hand grabbing her arm with so much force that the person's fingerprint was left on her skin. She felt like it was cold water running through her veins. Gaby pushed her step-mother with so much force that the fifty years old woman almost fell on her butts; she should be glad that her pestilent daughter was right behind her to catch her.

-" Are-you crazy bitch?" Java yelled at Gaby.

-" Java, don't worry baby. I'm fine. Go join your dad inside. I'll be right back. And, please don't tell him none of what just happened here." Eva said to her daughter. Gaby knew perfectly that she was being fake. She just wanted to be the first one telling her father what happened. The taxi driver was waiting in the car. Time was running. Gaby just stood there with her arms crossed on her chest, waiting for Eva to tell her how ungrateful she is.

-" You are so ungrateful!" Here we go " After everything that your dad and I did for you that's how you're thanking us? You should be a shame of yourself, young lady." Gaby just rolled her eyes. It wasn't the first time that she heard that, probably the last one.

-" Are-you done now?" Gaby asked popping her chewing gun, impatiently.

-" Just because you're going to be eighteen in a two more months doesn't make you an adult yet. You need to listen to your dad." Gaby just laugh at that lady's face.

-" Eva, what's my bra size? What's my shoe's size? What's my favorite color? You don't know nothing about me than my full name and birthday because every year you're calculating when the month of March will come and I'll be turning eighteen and get the hell,outta your house. You should be happy that I chose to leave before time." Gaby said getting inside of the car.

-" Gaby, I might not know this stuffs about you. But, I do like you. That's why I took you in even when everybody else was saying that you're not Javier's daughter. Everybody knew that your mother was a whore."