Chapter 29

*** Cashmere's POV ***

My eyes stayed focus at the airport exit door; impatiently waiting to see my girls coming out. It was New Years Eve and we've decided to spend it as a family. My mother organized a big family dinner in what I heard of as a luxurious place. Cut me a slack. Why didn't-she think of that last year? I know what my mom is trying to do. She's trying to put all of us together in one room with her new husband of two months now. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a jealous son. I'm just not going to call the man daddy like Sasha and Dave are doing. I couldn't see the big deal. My mom was happy and I was happy for her. That was it. But, whether he was devilish or not, Ross remained the only man that I'll ever call dad.

-" Uncle Cash!!" I jumped out of my thought by the sound of my little angel's voice. Micah was one of the most beautiful little girls. During the past five years, I saw her growing up into a more resemble version of Mike. She was so full of energy. I bent down and opened my two arms widely. Micah snatched her hand away from Ebony's to run into my arms. She kissed me everywhere in my face. I chuckled. I lifted her up and a joyful Ebony got closer and gave me a hug. I haven't see these two since my mother's wedding.

-" What a big girl! I can see that mummy is taking good care of you." I said, carrying my niece to the car.

-" Yes. Mommy and Brian ordered pizza last night and we watched cartoons till I fell asleep." Micah said. I looked at Ebony and smiled. I was so happy that Ebony and Brian were taking things to another level. Hopefully, they'll get married soon. I wanted my niece to have a father figure home with her. Sasha came back to Dallas for momma's wedding and decided to stay here. Therefore, Ebony got the house for her, Brian and Micah only. It was time for him to pop the question, get married and add another member to their family.

-" How's my man Brian doing?" I asked her. Brian was the coolest dude. We really had a great time last time he came to visit.

-" He's doing pretty good. He wanted to come but you know, work is taking most of his time. It's not easy being a firefighter." Ebony said. I agreed with her.

-" I just hope that he pop the question soon." I said.

-" Hopefully. Hopefully." Ebony said, all smiling. She been a changed woman since the tragedy that happened five years ago. I believed that she deserved the best to raise my niece. She opened a clothing store down in Atlanta.

We got in the car, making our way to my house. I mean my villa. I ain't bragging.

My cellphone rang. From that particular ringtone, I already knew that it was my baby. I answered and put the phone on speaker.

-" Hello, Mrs. Alexander!" I loved calling her by that. Did-I tell you that we celebrated our two years anniversary back in the summer? Unlike Benji and Naomi who got married six months after they got back together, Gaby and I decided to keep our engagement for three whole years before saying our I do/s. Why? We didn't want to have the biggest wedding of the year and not ready for a lifetime marriage. Gaby had time to finish with her education. I had enough time to start with my own business just as I always wished. We got married right after that.

-" Hey babe! Are-you with the girls?" Gaby asked.

-" Hey Aunty Gabyyyy!" Micah screamed.

-" Hey Gabe!" Ebony said and giggled.

-" Hey my lovers! I cannot wait to see y'all. I'm in the nails salon with Naomi and Sasha. I'll see y'all home soon." Gaby said.

-" Baby, the kids are with you?" I asked. I knew she hated to bring the kids with her there. And, she knew how overprotective I was.