Chapter 18

*** Naomi's POV ***

Last night, I couldn't close my eyes for one second because of too much thinking. I couldn't believe what Jizzy told me over the phone. Gaby couldn't ever get pregnant. Cashmere never told me she was sterile. That was the worst news ever during my moment of distress. I was more scared of losing Andy. Honestly, they were my only hope.

I didn't have any friends to talk to and my mind was about to explode. Out of the blue, my crazy cousin's face popped in my head. We're not blood cousins, it's just that my auntie married her uncle. I haven't talk to Ebony for a long time now. Actually, I was the one who gave her some distances because she has been hanging out with some girl that I can't stand. Since they been friends, I hardly recognized my best friend. The main reason why I stopped speaking to her is because she was the one who been telling me that Cashmere was cheating and gave me the dumb idea to get my revenge. After all, I needed her now. I searched for her phone number all over my contact; praying that it was still there. A big smile formed in my face when I found it. I called her.

-"Ohhh! You gonna borrow another phone to call me? The hell biatch?That's stupidity.com. Leave my original black @$$ alone. I ain't the one sleeping with your ugly bastard. I promise you booboo. You're playing with fire." Ebony said on the other line. I busted out with laughter. That girl couldn't be talking to me like that. I bet she's in some kind of drama with somebody's wifey.

-" Calm down, girl. It's Naomi." I said.

-" Naomi? Oh my goshhhh! I miss you, cousin. How are-you?" Wow! I thought she would've hung up on my face. But, she seemed to be happy to see me.

-" I'm fine, cousin. I miss you too. I miss us. We used to be best friends. What you up to?" I asked.

-" Girl, I'm pregnant. I'm so happy. What about you? How you been?" She asked. What? Ebony was pregnant?

-" Congratulations, girl! I'm so happy for you too. I have a son. His name is Andrew Alexander." I said. The girl startes screaming over the phone.

-" Oh my goshhh! That's crazy.org. You and Cash have a baby? Didn't-I tell you that you were going to have your man back? Didn't-I?" She asked, cracking up. She just didn't know.

-" Girl, it's not what you think. There's so much going on. What about you come over to his place so I can explain you everything you missed and you can do the same?" I asked.

-" Text me the address and I'll be right over there." I laughed. We hung up the phone and I texted her the address of Cashmere's place. I couldn't wait to meet again with my cousin.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard someone knocked at the door and I ran like a train to open it.

-" Cousin!!!" We screamed together and hugged. I led her to the backyard so we can sat by the pool and talked quietly.

-" Look how beautiful you look! You some gained weight." Ebony complemented me.

-" Thanks! You look good yourself too." I said. She really did. Comparing to last time I saw her with that ghetto friend of hers, she made some progress. She went from ratchet to sassy. She had a beautiful pink dress with teal belt on and teal color flats. She had blonde hair that looked pretty good with her caramel skin. She didn't have any bump yet. One thing I guess haven't changed much was her nasty mouth based on the way she answered the phone.

-" You're living here?" She asked, looking all around. I nodded and we both screamed like we used to back when we were teenagers.

-" Tell me about yourself, your baby Daddy and that pregnancy." I said.