Start of Something Beautiful

#7

Start of Something Beautiful

You walk along the cool shore, feeling the damp, soggy sandy ground beneath your feet.  The calm breeze, carrying the fresh aura of the sea water and the serenity of its fragrance compose your mind. You breathe in and exhaled slowly as the wind blows the strands of your hair on your face and your dress dances and swirls with the gentle wind.

The sun is on the horizon, ready to say goodbye, sinking in the deep blue sea. The sky turns rich orange with mixture of pale red and yellow suspended all around, giving the sea beautiful crimson hue. You feel someone’s quiet footsteps approaching from behind you, breaking the silence of the sea. You know it’s him because it is only his lone presence that suddenly makes everything feel better and easy. You close your eyes and wait until you feel his strong arms tenderly wrapping against your waist. An untraceable and vague ecstasy fills you as his chin lands on your shoulder, his breath tickling your neck, and his warmness sweetening you.

You turned your head to look at his beautiful face and give a wide smile to him which, he returns with his cute, goofy smile. Then you both walk along the shore not saying anything, holding hands, you place your head on his shoulder, gallivanting in the pleasant moment.

As the sun comes almost to the horizon, the sky becomes dark orange and deep shades of blue floats in the sky high.

“Where were you?” you asked, suddenly stopping.

“I I was looking for something for you. Look…” he says, nervously, looking expectantly deep in your eyes, handling you a gorgeous, little shell.

You take it and as soon you open it his melodious voice sings, “Y/N, will you marry me?”

You see the shining diamond ring, twinkling inside the shell and then you look at him. He was on his one knee offering you his one hand. You giggle and a sweet sensation goes all through your body and your eyes get watery as hundred of emotions run through your mind when you look down at him, again. His eyes are waiting eagerly for you to say yes and his face anxiously reads yours.

You look at his face which was really very cute and you know you can’t stop yourself from saying yes; but you think of playing a bit. You look around and bite your lips as if you were in deep thoughts and find it hard to decide what to do. His face saddens when he sees your expression and his eyes show a fearful fright of you saying no. He looks pleadingly in your eyes and when he thought he has lost the hope, he looks down, gravely.

“Yes.” You say in a low voice.

“What?” he suddenly looks up with a jovial mirth on his face.

“Yes Ed, I’ll marry you!” You scream aloud, beaming ay him.

You suddenly feel lifted up in the air and you scream, getting a bit scared. But then you look down at his happy face as he spins you around and laugh. He gently brings you down then looking profoundly in your eyes, he kisses you softly and warmly when the sun sets down.

 -Annie :)