She

#9

Your stomach hurt and ached severely, giving a stinging sensation and your body suffered from an excruciating soreness. Your stomach gave a throbbing jerk and twisted badly as the horrible pain tormented your head. It started spreading slowly from your back to legs, and then flowing in all your body. You came out of the bathroom feeling extremely frustrated and exhausted as the bleeding was heavy though it was your third day.

You felt really tied. Life seemed stale, stiff, unprofitable and dull. When you looked in the mirror, you let out an exasperated moan after seeing the disheveled face in front of you. Your face looked as if all the happiness and every little expression were trenched away. Your legs were stiff; but, somehow, you stride forward and sulked yourself on the sofa, taking in deep breaths which were worthless as the stubborn pain was stuck with you.

All of the sudden, the bell rang making you spring from the sofa. You weren’t expecting anyone and the idea of receiving someone irritated you a lot. With a grumpy groan, you straightened yourself and went to open the door.

“Surprise!” Ed greeted you with such a sweet teddy like smile on his face that lulled you. He’s standing there with a small, beautiful basket wrapped with a blue net, surrounded by beautiful red roses, and a large bag on his shoulder. In the basket there were your favourite chocolates and candies and a cute kitten innit that made you gasp.

“Awww…” you revered, caressing the soft and silky back of the little kitten that was asleep. A sudden wave of flying happiness cane across the shore and washed all the pain. He kept the basket on the ground and spread his arms. His sole smile and his lovely surprise made you forget everything and you hugged him snugly, feeling his warmth as his touch soothes your heart.  He ran his hands in your hair and on your back, kissing you on your forehead.

After a while, you both were in your bedroom, cuddled in with the kitten lying beside you. He brushed your hair softly behind your ear and asked,” You doing well?”

“Yeah,” you reply in a sore and feeble voice, patting the back of the kitty wistfully. You sat up quietly, while Ed rested his head in your lap, playing naughtily with your fingers. You smile down at him and brush his hairs with your free hand. He closed his eyes slowly as you bent down and placed a smooth kiss on his forehead. A wide, beautiful smile brightened up on his face, lightening every part of your body.

“I’ll bring something to eat,” you said, stroking his cheeks as you started to get up.

“Wait, I’ve already got it,” he held your wrist and pulled you back on the bed.

He unwrapped the bag he had brought with him and you found your favourite chocolates, a packet full of potato smileys, chips and cheese and a CD of ‘Game Of Thrones’ series- lying on your bed.

“Ed!” you exclaimed, giggling and grabbing the chocolates. He got up to play GOT and then came back, taking you in his warm arms. 

You both ate and watched GOT until you started dozing off. Your head fall down on his shoulder and you squeeze his hands. He looked at you with a concerned face and his eyes were full of care.

“You want to sleep?” he asked, embracing you in his body.

“Hmm…” you nodded and get inside the blanket, covering you up. He switched off the TV and lamps. Afterwards, you feel him muffled around you from the back as he sang the melodious, sweet lullaby in a whisper in your ears.

He hissed you on your temple and you drown into the lovely dreams with him, knowing he would be always with you. Always.

-Annie :))