A Loving Hand

“Everything will be okay. I’m with you.” Ed’s soothing and calm voice floats in your ear like white, velvety satin, heavy, soothing and calm; and as the words start making a sense, your eyes floods with watery tears, which seemed to be stuck because of the shock. But now when the reality hits you your eyes were sore and puffy one more time.

You held his warm body so tightly that it seemed you’ll never let him go away anywhere. You knew he needed you as much as you did. He was everything you have got now and you knew, no matter what he’ll be always there by you. You felt his unstable heart beats, you knew he was being strong for you and you should be too. So you hug him closely, holding on him as he caresses your hair gently. His smooth and relaxing touch reduced the pain.

You had it all planned, everything was arranged and the jovial mirth you had had before this mishap, all seemed to be fallen into pieces. Suddenly, the picture of little angel- holding your hands with her delicate, little fingers; her starry blue eyes like her father looking in yours, eager to see the world outside; her beautiful, babyish smile like an angel;  her blonde hair like you- flashes in your mind. You let out a small whimper and burst into tears, damping Ed’s shirt whose smell somehow was helping you to control yourself.

“Y/N, maybe she’s needed up there,” he said, looking up and then back to you, “And you know what she wouldn’t be really happy if she’ll see you like this, would he?” he said, cupping your face and wiping your tears off your face, softly and tenderly.  You look into his eyes which told you that: Everything will be okay. You forgot everything, every pain, every sorrow as his eyes gave you a glimpse of bunch full happiness and a ray of hope.

“But… why? Why?” you stutter and got lost in your own words when the feeble sound ended in nothing.

“I don’t know, but He always does anything for a reason. Maybe there’s someone else who needs our loving hands. Right?” he asked you, stroking your hair behind your ears and kissing on the top of your head. You smile at him and kissed him lightly, in an assuring manner; because you knew if you wouldn’t be strong then he’ll break, too.

After a while, when you both started leaving the hospital, you two saw a little, innocent girl with blonde hair and deep eyes, sitting all alone on a bench with despaired and hopeless face while her eyes seemed lost and teary.

You went to her to her, sitting beside her and asked, “Hey, what’s the matter?”

She let out a little sob and started crying, and replied, “I lost everything. I lost my mom and dad. They’re no more and now I’m all alone-” she stopped suddenly as her voice shaking and tears stormed down her sweet, chubby and pinkish face. You looked at Ed with imploring and beseeching eyes. He understood you and with a divine smile on his face he answered, “She needs a loving hand.”

“Yes,” you said, taking the little girl in your arms as Ed held you from back and kissed your head.

 -Anni :))