One

A/N: This imagine is a bit different from all the imagines we have written previously. It's a little bit sad as it's inspired from Ed's and Alice's relationship and the song One. But I'm pretty sure it'll not fail to give you feels. Happy reading.

Ps Feedback and vote for more imagines and dedications.

#12

One

"Where it went wrong?" Ed's deep voice came out shaking with a mixture of pain and desperation that craved your heart with all the feelings you had for him. You felt the heat burning your face. He was half drunk, but you both knew that how true he's to you and to himself in this state. His eyes were drifted away from yours like a lost wanderer afraid to find his way back home. He didn't have the power to look in those eyes which was once his world and now they were going far away. He didn't want to lose them.

"Ed," your voice broke into a soft sob when those blue eyes gleamed with light again, consuming the rest of the sentence in your mouth.

"Y/N," and that was it. The way your name cracked painfully in his throat was the last thing you wanted to hear. His hair matted his face, a dark rusty colour, sweaty from the alcohol and fighting.

"Ed, I can't- I can't stand this, Ed. I can't stand the fact that I'm in love with someone who couldn't give me his whole day but somehow still manages to give me those little moments that feel like infinity, I can't see anything other than those blue eyes and rainbow tattoos, I can't hear anything but that soft voice singing me lullabies to sleep in the night and every morning a new song he writes for me, the way I can't feel anything but the warmth and safety of your arms around me and the grip you've on my heart. I. Just. Can't!" You broke into a ramble, practically screaming at him and feeling the rush of anger and tears on your face. You didn't realize the distance you had concealed between us. He slowly took careful steps towards you. you tasted salt water on your lips that streamed all the past memories making everything harder for you.

"If you're broken, I'll mend you.

And keep you shelter from the storm that's raging on."

His voice rang in your mind and you remembered him singing the song "Lego House" for the first time to you, his chubby, warm and comforting hands around your waist in the cold December. You felt the same tenderness of his touch as if it has always been there sheltering you.

Ed's arms wrapped around your waist, making you forget everything. He made an apologetic sound and looked through your blurry eyes. His eyes were deep blue as the sea and his face was searching for an explanation that he can't find. He had nothing to say. He knew you were right. You can't do anything to bring him back. He was gone.

You reluctantly tried to wrench out of his hold around you, but his hands were string and your body felt too vulnerable to fight back, so you gave in. he bargained and took over your hands holding you closer and burying all the distances between you two.

"I don't want to lose you. Please, just stay," his voice and eyes were pleading. Your forehead was touching his damp skin and wet hair. His breath on your lips reminding you the touch of his lips, the touch of his love and his heart against yours as if they were made to beat as one. He took a long breath, exhaled and closed his eyes in defeat.

"I know you've to go. And I know it's hard for you to choose between me and your career. I'm not stopping you and I can't take your career, your whole life from you. Don't make it hard for me, Ed. Let go," you said, pressing your fingers to his chest on which you had laid against more than one night.

"But you're taking my life away," he said in a soft whisper, intertwining your hand with his on his chest. You looked at him and he nodded numbly, his grip loosening on you making you already feel miles apart. He withdrew his hands as gentle as ever, cupping your face with therm. And then he was kissing you like it was a goodbye.

"I love you. And you'll always be here," he placed his hands once again on yours, which was still pressed against his chest, feeling his heartbeat beating for you. He looked in your eyes, tears watering his birthmark just above the corner if his eyes. You tried to look in his eyes for as long as you could. you kissed his birthmark like a caress of a leaf.

"I will always be with you. I love you, Ed."

And with that he let go off you after locking you into his eyes like he was learning them before starting a forever without you.

xxxx