Chapter 5

(Edited)
"The first thing that you want to know to live is to not tell anyone your role. By this I mean anyone at all. I'm aware that some of you know each other from the school courses but beware your best friend could be in the Mafia, be a Serial Killer or even the arsonist." At this point I look up and glance at Dylan feeling afraid of which role he is but the thought of him comforting me just a few moments ago I can tell that he would never hurt me on purpose.

"Another thing is that you all have wills. Just the last goodbyes that you could have or some extra information which you had gathered as role alive. These wills are all located either on your bed or in a drawer in your bedrooms. That placement rule applies to every necessary item that you need from home. Along with your Will there is a Death Note from all of the evil roles to write down something threatening such as a warning or an announcement. Death Notes along with Wills will be read the next day when we find the dead bodies. Once again, Death Notes will be placed on your bed or in a drawer in your bedroom." The announcer said. Hmmm...I'll call him Rob. I don't know why but he just looks and sounds like a Rob or maybe a Steve.

"Now as for the roles with nightly duties those locks on your doors will open and unlock for you in order to go to one home at a time. At 11:00 pm the Mafia will meet here and kill and frame who they choose. At 12:00 am midnight the Serial Killer will be aloud to go out and kill one person of their choosing. Then at about 1:00 am the Arsonist will be aloud out to set fire on one victim. After all of those roles are done the doctor at about 2:00 am can go to a house of their choosing and save a life or they can stay home and choose to save themselves. The rest of the nightly duties have been written out for those who have them and each night role has a mask to represent what role they are but not to give away that persons identity." Rob stopped speaking after that and just observed each and every one of us. I wonder why though.

"Like I said before," He started again abruptly "This is Day One and like all days their is a voting for those who are suspected to be the evil doers. Today we are starting for ten votes and then well...I'll explain it when we get to it." He finished with a grin, a evil one at that. He points over to the box with piles of papers and pencils/pens are next to and on the table the box and the supplies rest is a list. This list consisted of what looked like every name of each resident in this game. The list seemed to be in a random order.

Voting Names:
Kaitlyn Rose
Michael Rose
Ella Williams
Sophia Mars
Vylad Basilio
Evan Davis
Johanna Thompson
Lucina Reed
Avery Lee
Christopher Edwards
Laurence Evans
Dylan Blake

"Crap." Came Dylan next to me. We both recognized a few of those names and if we recognized them then they definitely recognized us and I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

"Now come up here and grasp a paper and pencil if you would like to vote and get lynching." Rob said. A random lynch, ridiculous. But someone actually went up to the box and writes down a name and gives it to Rob. "One vote goes to Ella Williams." He announced. After a loud 'What the heck!' came from the crowd the voter with shaggy blonde hair and brown eyes with a black baggy sweatshirt on only said "What I want to get home as soon as possible. Good guy or bad guy I'm getting me and Kaitlyn out of here now." He-Michael Rose defended.

What I now realize is that he isn't wrong but..."Yeah well if she does end up being a good guy then you just took away a big chance when it comes to survival:numbers." I surprise myself saying. I have a feeling Michael and I won't get along very well already but I continue you on anyways. "Besides even if she is a bad she could help out take care of the bad guys and if she is a good guy she might be the veteran which is a neutral role come to think of it." I say "Stop rambling and get to the point." Michael said sounding impatient. I can already tell who's evil. "The point is that you could be killing a good guy and by doing that you're giving the villains the upper hand which if that does happen I'm thinking you're evil yourself." I fire back in monotone though this guy sitting bugging me.

"Ten seconds of voting left!" Robs voice boomed the ought he small town. Michael didn't retract his vote and we were sent to do what we wished with the condition of never going into a house which isn't your own.

Walking with Dylan to his houses porch we going onto his bench with chains on the roof making it into a swing. "So it's not even the second day and you've made an enemy." He remarked "Hey I'm surprised that it was me and not you." I say laughing taking down my guard, my walls. "What is this place anyways?" Dylan asked after a moment of silence. "Well it's a place of trials and of sacrifice just like those witch trails if you remember them." I reply "Only you can remember that you bookworm." He replied laughing. "Whatever," I replied with a smile "The point is that it's kind of like this. Where you randomly lynch people and hope for the best until evidence actually builds up." "So we're going to call this town after the witch trails." Dylan said making it sound more like a statement than a question. "Yep and do you know what's that town was called?" I asked being responded to by a shaken head. "Well it was called The Town Of Salem but...Town Of Salem sounds better."