Chapter 13 - Attention

Chapter 13

Attention

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Sofi's POV

  The sun is shining, the cicarta’s are chirping and I'm so happy I could sing!

   All my dreams have come true. Aaron has barely left my side since that horrible day I refuse think about. He has sent me flowers, we've gone shopping and he even helped me babysit my little sister, and tomorrow we will have be our two-week anniversary. Just thinking about that I do a quick little dance right here in the market place, some people stare at me a little worriedly while other just laugh shaking their heads. I just ignore them all, I feel like I am floating along on a rosy cloud of love.

  All the girls are so jealous that he picked me. It's wonderful!

He as asked me out to the Mother Moon festival. Maybe under the loving golden glow we might share our first kiss- fingers crossed. 

   That’s why I am out here now amongst the crowd and heat looking for the perfect dress. I'm so glad that the traders landed today, I need something really special for this magical night.

   The first row of stands had been fairly boring, the colourful tents were more so filled of pots, jars and tools not what I was looking for. About half way down there was a pretty silver necklace that ended in a deep blue pendent. When I picked up the large stone I could clearly see my reflection, but the when I went to buy it the trader was more interested in flirting with Slinda than making a sale. I was happy for her, Lei was right Marcus was an idiot for rejecting her, but if the look in the traders eyes is anything to go by she wont be rejected for long. 

Maybe if I drop enough hints to Aaron he might buy it for me as an anniversary present.

   I had almost given up hope as I walked towards the last few remaining stalls, mentally I was running through my wardrobe trying to think what I could rework when I found it. The most perfect dress I have ever seen, aqua blue silk that matched my eyes perfectly. Its collar was heavily embroidered with silver thread in a floral design; it would look perfect with that pendent I saw earlier. I am reaching up to take it from its hanger when I am knocked from behind, spinning around I see Aaron darting around the corner.

   My shoulders hunch, I am glad he didn’t see me I don’t want him to see how much effort I was going to but at the same time: why didn’t he see me?

Placing the dress down with a regretful pat, I turn to follow him when I get to the end of the row I curiously poke my head around the corner.

He has his back to me talking to someone hidden in the shadows, he looks around guiltily checking to see who was watching before a bangled hand reaches out grabbing him by the shirt pulling him into the shadows.

  Where is he going? Who is he with? Why was he acting so strange?

Dark clouds are gathering in the sky so I decide to get out of the weather and see what's going on.

  I can trust him right? He wouldn't do anything to hurt me, no matter what Lei says I don't believe he would be that kind of guy. It must be his cousin or his sister. He has a sister doesn't he? I can't remember.

  Trailing my fingers against the cold walls as I walk down the dim corridor toward the council chambers. Why would he be coming here? There are no meetings today.

Where was he anyway I was almost to the rooms. I hear a giggle from behind me followed by panting and a groan. Turning around I look into the dark recess I missed on the way in.