Betrayal

I was in conference with my advisors. When we heard the emergency alarm going off. It sounded like it's coming from the direction of the prison. I ordered two of my guards to go see what happened.

About 20 minutes later, they came back out of breath. Telling me that there was a prison break, that four of my captives had escaped. I asked which four prisoners had broken out. After hearing the name of the escapees I ordered them to gather some men and go after them.

One of the men told me that they had already sent out a search party. After hearing this, I told them to keep me apprised of the situation. Acknowledged what I said then left to continue the search.

The four pov

We ran as fast as our beaten bodies could carrier us. Its hard, we have to move as fast as we possibly could. The guard that helped us escape said that he would stay back and try to lead them in the wrong direction.

We had to hold up a guy couldn't walk on his own. He was beaten so badly, worse than the rest of us. He was semi-conscious and unrecognizable.  About half a mile away from the prison the guy completely passed out.

We had to carrying him the rest of the way. The rendezvous point thatj the guard told us about was still 5 miles away. it

The guards POV

Queen Sara goes into rampage when we come back empty hand. She screams her displeasure asking why we couldn't find the prisoners. Chase our commanding officer says stepping forward

" We searched the forest  founding signs of them immediately three of them are walking on their own, the four is being dragged.

We found the footprint for a while. When we were about 6 miles away from the castle. The footprints disappear we think there was a car waiting for them.

What's this knowledge we think where is a traitor in our midst. If you allow me I will search for the perpetrator and get the location of the prisoners for you"

Throughout his whole speech Queen Sara looked at him with cold glint in her eyes. When he's finished talking there was this dead silent that brought a chill to the air.

Three minutes passed before she began speaking she told us that she will give us one last chance and if we messed up. The first one on The chopping block was going to be our commander Chase and then the rest of us.

The rebels POV

When the prisoners arrived they were in horrible condition. Especially the one that we had to carry out on a stretcher. He was hardly recognizable as a person. No one knew who he was,  if the usurper was keeping him locked away from all the other prisoners, hurting him worse than the others he had to be someone important.

About 20 minutes after the prisoners arrived. Captain Vargas came to greet them and see if there was anything more they need. He talk to the three men that came in conscious. They were relatively unhurt they were starved , dehydrated and malnourished but other than that they would make a full recovery.

The captain left them after talking for a little while. He went to check on the fourth man. He's the ono we're most worried about. His was in surgery at the moment fighting for his life. He has ruptured almost every organ and broken bones they tortured him for who knows how long. That he's beyond sick and weak there is no guarantee that he will make it.