Chapter 3 EDITED

"Now, puny mortal, are you ready to die?"

Has he always been like this?

"Oh...you must be Janus then, you look sooo weak." I said, emphasising on the 'so' just to taunt him.

"I am not!," he screeched, "I have never been defeated before in my whole life!"

Lies

"Then you of all people should have no problem defeating me, a nine year old girl, am I right?"

"Now, now Janus. Go easy on her, she's just a kid."

"LIES!" he screeched in his annoying voice again, "She has evil in her! I can sense it..."

Wow! I was just thinking about that!

"Janus...." Garte tried to calm him down.

"Forget it Garte. She just insulted me, nine year old or not, she's going to die."

"But-"

"No Garte!"

Garte sighed in defeat, he really wanted to save his newly found daughter but in the face of Janus, he could do nothing to save his only daughter. He had to go.

Play song above now.

Garte reluctantly walked towards the entrance to the arena. Once he was at the entrance, he looked back and gave Aphmau a longing look as if he wanted to give her a hug but in the presence of Janus, he knew he couldn't.

You can finish the song now or pause it, don't worry, I'll wait.

"Wow? Were we in a play right now or something?" I decided to voice out but was shocked when I actually received an answer.

"I know, you just have to get used to it, he was always this dramatic, just like all his predecessors were."

I have to confirm it.

"Predecessors? " I asked, trying to sound innocent.

"Aye, I've been around for a long time. Far longer than you've ever been alive for."

He must be it.

"How old exactly?" I tried to sound innocent as I pressed on further.

"I know what you are trying to play at and I ain't a fool."

"You talk too much as always." came my simple reply as I ran forward and pushed all of my body force into his stomach which sent him rolling and tumbling to the ground.

The one word that came out of his mouth that made me so sure that it was him, "Jess."

"Finally, I was starting to think that you may have forgotten me.....Sky."

He finally then sat up, tears brimmed his eyes, "I thought you were dead."

"Oh Sky, it would take more than that to kill me."

But before I could even step forward to help him up, I was immediately tackled to the floor.

"Oh Jess, I missed you so much. Do you have any idea how lonely it was without any contact with the others at all?!"

"Well, I had imagined far worse.."

With that, the both of us started to dwell on the past memories.

Flashback Ends....