Chapter 12 - EDITED

I found Zane, mission accomplished.

Now, the both of us are attending a very serious party with very important people meeting with us. No matter what happens, we shouldn't mess this up or we'll be executed.

"Ready Aphmau?" Zane asked me as he took a deep breath before holding his arm out for me to grasp.

"As I'll ever be." was all I replied as I took a deep breath of my own before grasping his arm, not before giving it a reassuring squeeze.

This was the first time that Zane had ever attended a party this important.

Both of us took a step forward before pushing the doors open - and boy was this party grand. Golden confetti rained down as we followed the red carpet to our table, only to find the Grand Princess of Magic and her fellow honourable friends with us. I heard Zane take in a sharp breath before I reassured him, "Everything will be alright Zane, just remain calm."

Just when we thought that we could relax, we turned to our left to find the Grand Princess of the Sun as well as the Grand Princess of the Moon chatting with the Grand Princess of Magic and the Grand Princess of the Crystal Kingdom.

"Oh my gosh." Zane fangirled, "Thank you so much Aphmau. You're the bestest friend that I can ever ask for."

"How so?" I asked Zane, clearly confused.

"You let me sit beside Pinkie Cake AND have the four princesses at our table. *squeeee* Not to mention the pink glazed cupcakes and golden confetti! Thanks for celebrating my birthday in secret with me Aphmau."

This time, I actually smiled for real. I love this kid so much, he was just very misunderstood, once your get to know him he is actually very innocent - and that's coming from me.

"No problem Zane, but do you know what would make this birthday party an even better one?" I asked smirking.

Zane thought for a while before he realised and gasped really loudly like how one would gasp when they find their lover cheating on them.

"Oh no."

"Oh YES" I replied back with a sinister smile, " Slumber party in my room tonight with Sky!"

"Ohmigosh I haven't spoken to Sky in forever, my second BFF!"

Before I could reply, I felt the call for help from Lord Garte. Gosh, what does he want now? I'm trying to celebrate your son's birthday party here - his first one in 9 years bro.

Zane must have sensed this as well and allowed me to go but made me promise to come back later. Of course, not wanting to break the little angel's heart, I promised him - and even if I have to fight the Nether itself to come back, I swear to myself, I would.