Chapter Five ☼

I was supposed to post this last Saturday. I got busy and forgot to upload. The chapter that was supposed to be up today should be up tomorrow. Sorry I'm late!

Hope you like it (:

Kat

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Five 

July 15, 49 days till September...

"Emily!"

I turned my head and smiled a huge smile at him, "Matt!"

He pulled me close to him and tucked my hair behind my ear then leaned in close to me, "I've missed you..."

He was about to kiss me when a voice interrupted us.

"Matt!"

We pulled back and I glanced over to see Julia running our way.

"Hey!" she exclaimed and threw her arms around his neck, giving him a hug.

An uncomfortable look came onto his face, and he gave her a fake smile before stepping away.

Anger flashed in her eyes for a second, but then she put on a fake smile to cover it up, "What are you up to?"

He glanced down at me for a second, "Uh well Emily and I were going to go grab some ice cream."

Jealousy was clearly written across her face.

"Oh," she let out and faked some enthusiasm, "Mind if join you?"

He glanced down and shuffled his feet, "Uhm..."

"Unless that's a problem," she said and sent me a glare.

I squeezed his hand and gave him a small smile, letting him know it was okay.

He sighed and nodded, "I guess so."

"Great!" she said and her eyes lit up, "I know exactly what flavor I want!"

It'd only been a little over 20 minutes and I was ready to kill her. She was driving me insane with her flirting and it was obvious that he wasn't interested. He kept giving me apologetic looks and I felt bad for him. He obviously didn't want to hurt her feelings but if he didn't tell her to stop it soon, I might. And it wouldn't be very nicely.

"We should go down to the pier. The sun is setting and it's gonna be beautiful!" she then winked at him and grabbed his arm, "And romantic..."

He pulled away and gave her an uncomfortable smile, "Well I got to get home. Maybe some other time."

She pouted, "You sure?"

"I told my mom I'd be home by 5:15 at the latest and it's pushing 5:10 now."

"Okay," she looked disappointed but gave him a fake smile, "I'll call you tomorrow!"

The second she was out of site, he pulled me towards him and leaned down pulling my face up to his, kissing me franticly

I pulled away after a second laughing, "What was that for?"

"I've been dying to do that all day," he confessed and a guilty smile made its way on his face, "I'm sorry she interrupted our day."

I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder, "It's okay. We can hang out tomorrow all on our own."

He wrapped his arm around my waist as we started to walk down towards my house.

"Do you really have to get home or were you just making that up?" I asked hopefully.

He chuckled, "I actually did tell my mom I'd be home by a quarter after. But as long as I'm home by 5:30 she'll be fine."