Chapter Six ☼

Not sure how I feel about this chapter. I'll probably end up rewriting it at some point in the future. Next chapter should be up on time unless I get busy and don't have time for editing or posting.

Thanks for reading! 

Kat

______________________________________________________________________ 

Chapter Six 

July 21, 43 days till September...

"So we're gonna have a campfire tonight, you interested?"

I twirled the cord of the phone around my finger, "I guess so. What time?"

"7:30. I'll come pick you up," he said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay," I mumbled and blushed feeling shy all of a sudden, "I'll see you then."

"Bye." He said then I heard the click of the phone.

I sighed and hung up. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out the pitcher of lemonade with a smile on my face. I started to hum to myself as I poured myself a glass.

"What's got you so happy?"

I almost dropped my glass and looked up to see my mom standing in the doorway.

"Nothing," I mumbled avoiding her eyes, my mood instantly dropping.

She sighed, "How long are you going to keep this up?"

"When are you going to apologize to dad and me for ditching us," I jabbed glaring at her.

"I did nothing wrong," she defended herself, "I met a person who fit me better than your father. We're both better off on our own."

I walked away, not wanting to hear any more of her petty little excuses. My cell phone buzzed and I pulled it out to see a text from Hannah, "Wanna meet up @ the beach?"

"Sure, be there in 5," I texted back, grabbing my bag.

"So your mom just left you guys for someone else?" Hannah shook her head disapprovingly, "I don't understand how anyone could do that."

"Neither do I," I mumbled looking down, "I don't know if I'm going to be able to stand being around her. I just can't be around someone like that."

"You aren't planning on leaving early to go back to your dad's are you?" she asked looking a little sad.

I shook my head quickly, "No. I've made too many friends to just leave. I'm just going to just try as hard as I can to avoid and spend the least amount of time as possible around her."

She smiled at me happily then asked, "Does that mean you won't be busy tonight?"

"Why? I asked tilting my head to the side.

"We're having a campfire again."

I blushed and looked down, "I uhmm... already know... Matt invited me earlier."

Her eyes looked at me suspiciously, "What's up with the two of you?"

I sighed and leaned back, "Honestly, I have no idea. I mean there's nothing official or anything. We've just been hanging out a lot and have gone on a date or two."