The Remainder of My Sanity

Chapter Two~ The Remainder of My Sanity

The deformed, messed up thing was a werewolf.

"Werewolf!" I cried, jumping up from the table and pointing at the mutant.

"Werewolf? No, it can't-- oh, no" Eli said.

"What?" Nick asked.

"Clayton's back," Eli breathed. Nick sucked in his breath. I was confused.

"Clayton? Who's he?" I asked.

"You don't know who Clayton is?" Eli asked. I shook my head.

"Well, if you're in the pack, you might as well know. Take a seat," Eli directed.

I obeyed.

"Long ago, in the nineteenth century, Clayton was alpha, not only of one pack, but of all.

He used to rule greatly, protecting the innocent from harm. His mate was a young maiden, named Rebekah. Together, they ruled and werewolfs prospired. Then, one morning, Rebekah gave birth to a baby boy, named Lucifer. He grew up to be a dangerous, bloodthirsty werewolf. He eventually overthrew his father and forced his mother to marry him. Clayton was banned from the earth itself, they casted him away on a boat, sure he would fall off of the Earth, but instead of falling off the Earth, he found Brooklyn.

"As Clayton gathered an army, Lucifer was busy at work, Rebekah gave him seven children, Keo, Pirstand, Nerther, Omega, Ikwere, Jasper, and Errigo. But Lucifer wasn't satisfied. Rebekah was in so much pain from making this horrible creature that she killed herself, but she did it when there was a blue moon in the sky. Instead of dying, she suffered so much blood loss, that she couldn't control herself. She was in between the formation from human to wolf, when a new species was born. The rekkas, more commonly known as vampires. She left her useless human body and took formation as the nearest creature to her-- a bat. She could transfer to each, human and a bat, but when she took her human formation, she started dying once again. So, she keeps on the verge of a bat and human.

"Rebekah killed all of her children, but three. Omega, Jasper and Keo. She transformed them into rekkas on the next blue moon, and kept them in hiding. When Clayton returned, he found Lucifer and the blood of Pirstand, Nerther, Ikwere and Errigo on the ground, assuming it was Rebekah's blood, he tried killing Lucifer. He failed, and left the world with Lucifer in almost as much pain as Rebekah was in. The night Omega, Jasper and Keo changed into rekkas, Lucifer tried too. Instead of turning into a rekka, his spirit flew around the forest and gathered in almost everything there was that had a living source. He turned into a mutant called a furcer, which is what this mutant here is. It is said when Lucifer returns, so will Clayton, bloodthirsty and ready to kill anything that stands in the way of him and Lucifer," Eli finished.

I felt goosebumps running up my arms and legs. Vampires existed too?

"What happened to the rekkas?" I asked, warily.

"Nobody knows, some say they fled to England, Scotland or maybe India," Eli shrugged. I felt woozy. It was too much information to take in at a time.

"They also said, that if any trace of Lucifer returns, five will defeat him with Clayton. Three boys, two girls. By the looks of it, Nick is one of them," Eli said. He turned to face me, "And so are you, Iris"