Sometimes We All Need A Break From Life

Chapter Three: Sometimes We All Need A Break From Life

I woke up on Monday morning, and untangled myself from Nick. We had both fallen asleep on the cot that I had folded out in the living room. Eli slept in the guest bedroom, claiming he needed privacy.

I looked around and saw that the couches and chairs were empty. I peeked my head into the kitchen and saw Sabrina, Eric, Brent, Tyren and Eli were sipping coffee and eating pancakes made by Eric. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"Well, you and Nick looked so content next to each other," Sabrina said, stifling her laughter.

"What?" I asked as Brent let out a giggle.

"No, don't leave! Stay with me!" Tyren mimicked Nick's voice.

"He was saying that?" I asked in bewilderment.

As an answer, Eli burst into a fit of laughter. His laugh was triggered everyone else's like a bomb and the entire kitchen exploded in laughter.

I blushed and after everyone quieted down, I asked where Jordan was.

"He had to go home," Tyren explained.

Nick came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. His chocolate hair was messed up and sticking out, but I thought it looked adorable. "What are we having?" He yawned.

"Pancakes, eat some," I said, shoving a piece into his mouth. He didn't object, he just continued chewing.

He sat down and pulled me onto his lap. I glanced at the clock and moaned. "What?" Nick asked.

"School in five minutes," I moaned.

"I'll drive," Eric volunteered.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

 "So, the first problem on your homework was A = xyz. You needed to find the value of x, this is 8th grade math, so if this was hard for you, you are in the wrong class." Mr. Leecross droned.

I fidgeted in my chair. My stupid ADHD was kicking in and I couldn't concentrate on the lesson. I glanced around and saw that Jordan wasn't in his chair. He was missing 4th period, and by the looks of it, he missed 1st, 2nd and 3rd period too.

I slouched down in my seat, and pulled my phone out. Making sure Mr. Leecross wasn't looking, I texted Sabrina.

Where's Jordan?

I turned my phone onto vibrate, and slid it back into my pocket. I pulled out a notebook and hunched over it, making sure it looked like I was taking notes, but instead I just doodled. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the bell rang.

I checked my phone again, on my way to computers, and saw I had missed Sabrina's reply.

He got sick during history. Threw up all over my desk

I made a gagging sound, but texted her back.

Gross... What color was it?

"Ewwww!" I heard Sabrina squeal. She was texting me from outside her math class.

Do I have to answer that?

"Yes," I said aloud, skipping over to her.

"It was... blue," She muttered, tugging at the ends of her tan scarf.

"Blue? Awesome!" I exclaimed. I caught the look on her face, and corrected myself, "I mean ew, gross," Not really.

Sabrina stared at me, wide-eyed then looked at the ground, walking away.

"Phooey," I uttered, heading to the computer lab.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

After the bell rang, signaling us that we could leave the school and get on with the rest of our uneventful lives, I started out the door, and jogged over to Nick's car.

Instead of Nick waiting for me, I saw a man with slick black hair and a recentley shaved face waiting for me. He was messing with his black tie, like Chace Crawford does in hi photo shot pictures, but this man was nowhere near as sexy as Chace.

"Hello," he grinned, showing his pointy, gleeming white teeth, "My name is Lucifer,"

Sorry for the lateness, my history teacher is going overboard with homework. Kieth's sitting right next to me, doing both of our homework assignments because I paid him $3. Anyway, hope you liked! And, I always love feedback, so PLEASE GIMMIE SUM!!!

Ah, the fun we have, see you later lovies! ~ForTheGlory/Topaz