Chapter 7

I didn’t have a nice sleep that night because of the jetlag I’m having. “Hey, what time are you going to the hospital?” Erika asked entering my room. She needs to fix her attitude of not knocking. “They’re giving us a one week to settle in. Get used to the time and all before we can go and work there,” I answered half of my eye shut.

            “That’s great! You can replace my mom and be the vet of the Lynchs while she’s gone,” she said jumping on the bed crushing me. I screamed and shove her off. “You really need to get rid of that habit of yours,” she laughed and went downstairs. “You will be their vet! I’ll tell my mom right now and show her your records and experience on the field that I found in your bag,” she’s holding some papers. Wait! Those are my papers. Where did she ever find those?

            “Erika! No! What if I accidentally kill one of their pets?!” I ran after her towards her mother. “Slow down you two, you’re 18 now and both of you aren’t acting like one,” she said as she shut off her laptop. “Hey mom, can Gabby take care of the Lynch’s pet while you’re away?” Erika started. I tried covering her mouth but she dodged my move. Smart girl. “Here are her experience records. I’ve read them and apparently, she’s the best in her class,” I started lowering my head feeling myself blushing. “It’s not of a big deal right mom? A minor check up is just what Pixie needs,” she continued handing Aunt Aileen the papers.

            “Hmm, impressive,” she said examining the papers. “So what’d you say Gabby? Wanna help me for a week?” I looked at Erika who was smiling the whole time and gave Aunt Aileen a nod. “Thank you!” she said hugging me and packing all her things away from the table.

            “You girls go ahead and help yourself for breakfast. I’m gonna freshen up cause my service will be here any minute,” she said. “Oh and Erika, do tell the Lynchs about Gabby being their vet for the week,” Erika nodded and gave her mother a big smile.

--Ross--

            I woke up having another dream of Laura and Gabby again. But this time, it was mostly Gabby. I heard small barking and there I saw my Pixie. “Who’s a good girl? Who’s a good girl?” I said picking her up and mimicking a puppy’s voice. She gave a bark and smiled at me.

            “Ross! Phone!” Riker yelled downstairs. I groaned. I don’t want to get up out of bed “I know you’re awake. I can hear Pixie’s barking,”

            “Coming!” I placed Pixie on my bedroom’s floor where she played with the toy Laura gave her. I went down and grabbed the phone from my brother.

“Hello?” “Okay,” “Gabby?” all of my siblings and Ellington looked at me when they heard her name. “Okay, I understand. Be there after lunch,” I said and hung up.

“Heard you said Gabby? Are you gonna visit her?” Ellington said giving me his teasing smile. Everybody on the table is trying hard not to laugh. Even my mom.

“Alright guys. I’m not in the mood to play charades. What’s up?” I asked grabbing a French toast and taking a bite on it. Everyone stared at me containing their laughter. “I’m serious,” finishing my toast and sitting down the table.

“Okay bro, chill,” Riker started. “We saw you’re little accident yesterday on the tour bus with Gabby. She fell on you for a minute and yet you kept on hugging her,” he smiled. Shoot! You mean to say they saw my little act yesterday?

“Rydel was the last one to see it and we were too slow to cover her mouth when we saw the two of you,” Rocky continued. I got up and gave them a sarcastic smile. “Where are you going?” they all asked in unison. “Shower. I need to take Pixie for her check up. Gabby will be her vet for a week,” I answered. “Ohhh… Have fun Ross,” they said smiling at me. I went up to my room and changed in the bathroom wondering if the awkwardness between me and Gabby was gone after the accident yesterday.

--

A/N Almost 100 reads O.O!! <3 I'll be posting chapter 8 later. :)