Chapter 28

Gabby’s POV

            “Where do you want to go?” Erika asked sitting on my bed. It’s been two months or so since the incident and I’ve never heard anything from Ross. Erika just said that the band just set off to tour around the world.

            “You decide,” I replied tying my hair in a ponytail. “How about the park near my mom’s hospital?” random flashback showed before my eyes and I tried shaking them out.

            “Isn’t there another place you want to go?” I ask uncomfortably. “But I want to try the food there. Both you and Rainer said it was good,” she whined. “Speaking of Rainer, where is he?” I asked. “Oh…uhm…he went somewhere,” she replied taking my hand. “Now come! I’m hungry!” and dragged me out of my apartment.

Ross’s POV

            “FINALLY! SOME REST!” Riker shouted as he throws himself literally at our sofa. I went to the kitchen and grabbed something to drink. It’s been two months since I last saw Gabby. “Hey, you okay?” Rydel asked taking the glass of water I was holding.

            “No,” I answered and went in the living room to see everyone staring at me. Even Riker sat up. “Now. Spill,” Rocky said. I’ve been bottling the emotions and story so I decided to tell them.

            “And that’s what happened,” I said. “And you didn’t even tell her about the tour?” Riker asked. I shook my head and let out a loud sigh. “Hey, do you really love her?” Rocky asked standing up. “She’s everything,” I answered. Everyone stood up with a grin on their face.

            “We’re a family after all. What do you say we get your girl back,” Riker said getting the keys of the tour bus. “And hopefully, my future sister!” Rydel added kissing me on the cheek.

            “But I don’t even know where she is. I don’t even know if she’s still mad at me. I don’t know if Rainer got her. I don’t…”

            “Taking care of. Give me five minutes,” Ryland said taking out his phone and going out the house. I don’t know how to react so I just stood there speechless with my mouth half open. “Leave this to us,” Riker said gesturing everybody to follow Ryland outside to the tour bus.

            “I told you I’ve got it covered,” Ryland said smiling so wide. “I asked Erika if Gabby was free today and asked if she can take her to a place that meant to her and Ross,” Riker and Rocky high fived each other and Rydel gave Ryland a big hug. “Oh and I have to go,” he added.

            “What? Where are you going?” I asked, my excitement and nervousness rising up. “I need to lose Rainer. Apparently, he and Gabby became close after…what happened. But don’t worry, they’re not dating,”

            “Alright! Now where will Erika take Gabby?” Riker asked as all of us get in the tour bus. “In the park near the hospital,” Ryland replied. Riker gave him a nod and we drove off, with Riker explaining his plan.

Gabby’s POV

            We arrived at the park and sat near a shaded tree. “What do you want?” Erika asked constantly checking her phone. “Fri…uhm burger,” I answered. I can’t be reminiscing this time. She gave me a nod and went to the food truck to order.

            I looked around seeing couples having the time of their life. “Gross,” I muttered and sulked on my chair. “Turn that frown, upside down,” Erika said handing me the burger. “Thanks,” I answered and ate in silence.

            “HEY! I took you out so you can enjoy. Don’t let that cute dress go to waste,” she said giving me the death glare. I managed to laugh when I heard a familiar voice singing.

Every morning after, I’m the same disaster everytime it’s groundhog day. Tell me have you moved on, am I just a sad song, playing every night and day.

It was Rocky approaching with a guitar behind us. Then several voices started singing.

Say can you read between the lines I’m singing threw away the only chance I had with you. Maybe, you’re always be the one I’m missing. All I got left are the words that you said

I looked at Erika for an answer but she just gave me a faint smile that showed excitement. How is that possible, I don’t know.

Stay with me tonight. I want you to stay with me tonight. Don’t walk away look what we could’ve been behind. Don’t leave me standing here don’t say nothing’s fine so, stay with me tonight.

            Then and there I saw the blonde guy that helped me on the airport, hugged me on the tour bus, the guy who kept on catching me whenever I fall. He’s approaching with a pumpkin stuffstoy and a pink rose in his hand. Singing so smoothly that every couple on the park started to swoon.

            “H…h..hey,” he said stuttering. Erika stood up and left our table. “Hi,” I replied trying to keep my cool but I don’t think it’s working because I’m blushing so hard. “I’m sorry. Whatever you saw then, it was nothing,” he started explaining. I raised my eyebrow and gesture him to continue.

            “You’re my everything Gabrielle Shane. Can you give me to prove my love for you?” he asked kneeling down. I can’t help but smile and cry. The scene was so cliché, corny and romantic at the same time.

            I bowed down to him and whispered “You don’t really have to kneel down you dork. It’s not like you’re proposing or anything,” I laughed. I saw a smile on his face and answered “But I do because I’m promise ring proposing,” and took out a silver infinity ring. The tears the formed because of missing him and I don’t even know what emotion I’m feeling right now came flowing down my cheek.

            “I’m guessing that’s a yes,” he said and put the ring on my ring finger. He stood up taking me with him. “Hey, I love you and there’s nothing that change that,” he said rubbing my nose against his and finally taking my lips.

            I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him back. I felt our tears falling down and pulled back. Everyone cheered and I saw Erika, hands on his mouth with tears falling. We both laughed wiping each other’s tears.

            “I still have something for you on the bus,” Ross said taking my hand. I happily followed him and the last thing I heard is Erika screaming and Ross hugging me as a bright light approached us and then I blacked out.

--

O.O!! WHAT HAVE I DONE?! (nah..i enjoyed writing this chapter haha. you can tell because it's the longest one yet)

what do you think happened?

[tv show narrator voice] tune in next friday for the next chapter of No Easy Love. :D

----> Gabby's dress on the side :)