Chapter 11

--Erika--

            Ross and Gabby went inside my mom’s clinic leaving me alone in the living room with a bowl of candies to keep me company. I turned on the television again and watched Pretty Little Liars that was pre recorded on our screen.

            Not a minute later, a knock came through our front door. I froze on the couch with knees on my chest. “Hey Erika,” a familiar voice shouts from outside. “It’s us. Riker, Rocky and Ryland,” I jumped from the couch and opened the door.

            “Hey,” they greeted me and gave me a hug. “Come in,” I said letting them in on our house. “Ross and Gabby are at my mom’s clinic,” they all looked at each other and smirked. “You want to check them out?” Rocky asked and I gave him a smile in reply. We tiptoed towards the door and sneak through the door seeing Gabby on top of Ross with his hands around her.

            “Get a room you two!” they all said in unison and I just can’t contain my laughter seeing their reactions.

--Gabby--

            The last thing I remembered is reaching for the body wash of Pixie and the next thing I knew I was on top of Ross and we were so close to kissing.

            “Get a room you two!” Ross and I turned towards the door and saw Riker, Rocky and Ryland smiling and my bestfriend Erika laughing her head off. I pushed Ross again and this time, he let go of his grip and I sat there fixing my hair. Ross sat up and gave me a hand so we both stood up facing his brothers and my bestfriend.

            “I thought you’re taking Pixie for her check up? I didn’t know it’s you who needs one,” Ryland asked Ross sarcastically making my cheeks hot. “It’s not what you think,” Ross explained. “It’s true. I needed help reaching Pixie’s body wash which is on the top shelf and Ross just gave me a boost and we just stumble down,” I stared at him who was smiling at me.

            “If you say so Gabby,” Rocky smirked at me and gave me a wink. I gave him a confused yet smiling look in return. Pixie finally gave up chasing the poor insect around and approached Ross signaling something. I picked her up and lead her beside the plate full of water.

            “You can go now,” Ross said lightly shoving his brothers and Erika out the door. “We just have to clean Pixie and we’ll be out,” I watched as they continue with their laughter. “Okay Ross, we’re going,” Erika replied they went outside voluntarily.

“About the monkey,”

“We’ll be right out Ryland. Bye,” Ross said cutting him off before closing the door. I can still hear their laughter and see their smiles on my mind. Ross gave me a serious look which turned into laughter for a matter of seconds. I shook my head chuckling at him and put Pixie on the tub.

“Well, that was awkward,” he started walking towards me and Pixie. “I’m sorry if I said those words back there,” he scratched the back of his neck while playing the water on Pixie’s tub.

“It’s okay,” I answered scrubbing some bodywash on Pixie. “I know you’re only joking around. So I played along,”

“What if I’m not,” he said with that voice he used on me again. “You really want to play this game?” I asked washing Pixie and wrapped her up in a towel. “I’m serious,” he said again. “No. You’re not,” I shook my head and smiled at him. Pixie shakes off the water on her body making us turn away for a moment. “Am I that predictable,” he asked giving me the blow-dryer. “You just remind me of someone,” I answered switching on the dryer.

“Who?” I just gave him a smile for an answer and gave Pixie to him. “You can get her records tomorrow,” he gave me a look, put Pixie on the floor and gave me an unexpected hug. “Thank you,” he pulled away and we both smiled at each other.