Chapter 2

Airplanes. I. Hate. Them.

            I’m not a fan of heights and that includes all kinds of aircrafts. I got a window seat and once I fixed up my hand carry luggage, I took out my book, “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” and my iPod. Once the flight attendant informed us that we could use our electrical gadgets, I switched on my earphones and drifted to sleep with the help of some Bruno Mars songs.

            We made a stopover and after 13 hours of flying, I finally made it to California where my dream is about to come true. I patiently waited for my luggage as I watch all the bags rotate. I finally caught mine and because of the weight I fell on my butt and everyone seemed to look at me.

“Ow!” I exclaimed as tried getting up and I saw a hand reach out for me.

“You okay miss?” he said

“Yeah, I’m always this clumsy” I said holding his hand putting some of my weight on his. “Thanks” I look up to see a guy wearing a hoodie and tattered pants with white converse rubber shoes smiled at me. I can’t quite see his face but I know that he is blonde. I stared at him for two seconds which felt like a year (I know, I exaggerated it) and let go of his hand. He looked back and started running towards a bunch of people when something dropped from his pockets.

“Hey mister!” I shout because I can’t leave my luggage here and go after him. I looked down and saw a guitar pick lying around. I picked it up and saw a familiar logo that made my heart skip a beat.

            Could it be? Are they really here? Is this a dream again? I asked myself repeatedly and looked at the bunch of people the guy ran into. There were reporters and a lot of screaming people. “R5?” I whispered as I stared at the guitar pick. I was in a trance when somebody accidentally pushed me. “I’m sorry!” she exclaimed. Am I really this small and thin to be pushed by everyone and everything? “It’s okay,” I got up scratching my butt and saw a familiar face.

            “Gabby?”

            “Erika?”

We let out a scream not realizing we are still in the airport. Security guards stared at us and once we realized what we did, we cover up our mouths and started giggling.

            “I can’t believe it! What are you doing here?”

            “I got accepted for an internship here in California. What about you? What are you doing here in the airport?”

            “Oh, my mom asked me to see the Lynchs here for their pets’ condition. You know, all that veterinary medicine stuffs,” my mind stopped after hearing the word Lynchs. Erika was a close friend of mine back when we were young and they had to migrate here in America because of her mother job as a veterinarian.

            “Lynchs?  For real?”

            “Yes. For real,” she laughed. I looked down, and thought this can’t be possible. It can’t be. “Oh now I see” she continued. “You know them because they’re in a band,”

            I was about to answer her until a tall blonde guy approached us. “Riker” I whispered under my breath and tried containing my fangirl mode inside.