Chapter 22

--Gabby--

            After the incident and the hockey game happened, Ross and I have been closer and I’m now considering him as my boy bestfriend. Every other day, Ross visits Erika and me with Ryland beside him and just goof around, watch movies or play games all day.

Start of the internship

            “Goodmorning!” I yelled knocking hard on Erika’s door. “Go away!!” she yelled back. I looked at the clock and it was 6:30 am. Am I that excited? I shrugged the thought and went in the kitchen to cook us some breakfast. The four of us went grocery shopping the other day so the pantry is filled with good food to cook and eat.

            “Why are you up this early?” Erika asked rubbing her sleepy eyes. I must’ve really waked her with my excited knocking. “It’s the first day of my internship. I can’t be late,” I answered cracking open four eggs. Aunt Aileen got her seminar extended so Erika and I got the whole house on our own for a couple more weeks.

            “Cook some pancakes and bacon too,” Erika said and grabbed a glass of water. “I’m gonna shower first,” she added and went straight to the bathroom. I forgot that she has to go to school since the program on their campus ended last week.

            I finished cooking the pancakes, bacon and eggs and take out some orange juice from the refrigerator. “Your turn,” Erika said taking a seat. “Save some for me,” I answered grabbing my towel and proceed to wash myself. Today will be good day. I just know it.

--Ross--

            My alarm went off on my phone and I smiled at it for the first time. “Goodmorning my dear family!” I yelled with my arms in the air. “SHUT UP!” Ryland yelled back and stuffed his face on his pillow. That’s a bit too early for being grouchy. I looked at the time and saw that it was only past 6 am. This is the earliest time I got up on a non event day.

            “YOU LIKE MISMATCHED SOCKS WITH POLKA-DOTS! YOU LIKE YOUR PIZZA COLD, I THINK THAT’S HOT!!” I sang loud as I walked down the hallway and through the stairs. I heard I few groans coming through the rooms but I shrugged them all out.

            “Morning mom!” I greeted seeing her on the kitchen thinking of what breakfast to prepare. “Well, somebody woke up on the right side of the bed this morning, now do we?” she smiled at me as I sat down. “Can we have French toast?” I asked.

            “Ross honey, it’s like 6am. Your brothers and sister won’t wake up for another 2 hours or so,” she chuckled wiping her hands on her apron. “And besides, I’m only here to plan what to cook. I’m going back to sleep,” she added kissing me on the cheek.

            “Then I’ll cook my breakfast then. Oh and I’ll be on Gabby’s work place for the rest of the day since the band doesn’t have any rehearsals,” I answered getting up some eggs on the refrigerator. “So that’s why you’re up so early,” she smirked at me. “Tell Gabby I said hi,” she added and went to their room.

            I grabbed my phone and texted Gabby that I’ll pick her up and went to cook for my breakfast. I get to spend the whole day with my girl best friend? This’ll be a great day.

--Gabby--

            “What time will you go to school?” I ask Erika who’s still eating her pancakes. She glanced on the clock hanging on the side of the kitchen counters. “9:30,” she answered getting back to her pancakes. “What about you?” she asked.

            It’s now 7:15 am and I have to arrive at the hospital on 8:30. “7:30. I’m just waiting for Ross,” I answered. “Did you just say Ross?” she teasingly asked me. “Yeah. He’ll drive me there. Just like what friends do,” I answered. “Yeah right. “Friends,” she said sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes and finished my pancakes just before a knock cam on the front door.

            “Hey guys it’s me,” a familiar voice called. Erika opened the door and there stood Ross with his white Hollister shirt, tattered pants and black converse. Somebody’s not in the mood to dress up fancy.

            “I’ll just go grab my bag then we can go,” I said running towards my room and stuffing all my things on my green bagpack. I wore my white shoes since it goes well with my light green scrub suit. By the time I’m done, I saw Ross waiting for me on the living room going through his twitter account.

            “I’m ready!” I yelled.

            “Will you stop that?” Erika said obviously annoyed but just laughed afterwards. “Well, you look like a real doctor now,” Ross said. I can tell he’s teasing me with that tone in his voice and the smile he gave me. It’s the same smile he used back then and also the same on Erika uses on me.

            “Bye Erika!” we both said and went inside Ross’s car. “You owe me a full tank,” Ross said as we drove to the hospital I’m about to work. “You wish,” I rolled my eyes and laughed at him.

            After almost 30 minutes we arrived on the hospital and we both went outside the car. “Where are you going after this?” I asked Ross as we approached the main door. “I’ll just wait for you til your lunch break and eventually when you’re done,” he answered grinning on me. He had his beanie and sunglasses on so he won’t be that recognizable.

            “Are you serious?” I asked again punching his arm lightly. He just nodded smiling nonstop. As we entered the main door, somebody hugged me from behind and I can’t help but jump. I turned around and saw Rainier smiling on me. I suddenly felt the way my heart used to beat for him. I pulled away and glanced on Ross whose fist are clenching. Oh-no. Not good.

--

A/N SORRY for the LATE update! I'm done writing up to chapter 32 of this one but i'll post them every other day ^^. And as you can see, I Want You Bad is ON HOLD for the moment since I'm caught up with school events and contests I've been "forced" to join. Hope you understand :*. Stay Awesome guys \m/