Chapter 17

--Ross--

            “I kissed her because she’s teasing me,” I answered interrupting her answer. Everybody looked at us in silence for a few seconds and smiled. “Did you dare Ross?” Ratliff asked Gabby and sat beside her. “I didn’t know he would do it,” she answered glaring at me and I returned it with a smile knowing that’s what I always do when she glares.

            After a few seconds, Gabby stood up and ran leaving us. I didn’t expect her to do that neither did anyone else in the group. They all glared at me looking very pissed. “You know better Ross,” Riker snapped signaling the others to follow Gabby.

            “Gabby!” they all shout trying to chase here. “Wait!”

            I didn’t get up and just sat there putting my hands on my face. “What did I do now?” I asked in frustration. I didn’t mean for it to go this far. I thought Gabby and I were on the same page because I’ve been playing with her on this kind of stuff for a while now.

            I grabbed my phone out involuntarily and opened my messages to text her. I was about to push send when I remember that I don’t have any contact to her. I groaned and looked at the cotton candy we were sharing. I bet she’s hungry by now. I felt guilty on that thought. I really should’ve known better.

            I was about to go and find the others and get Gabby’s phone number from Erika when I saw them walking towards me. I tip toed to see if they have Gabby hidden on the back or something else. No. No Gabrielle Shane on sight.

            “Hey guys, I’m really sor…” I felt a sting on my left cheek realizing that Erika just slapped me. “You deserve that!” she growled fighting back the tears building on her eyes. Everybody seemed to agree on what she did cause they all just stood there with blank facial expressions.

            “We couldn’t find her anywhere and she’s also not answering her phone,” Ryland said holding Erika close to him. “If something bad happens to her. I swear…” she was cut by a beep coming from her cellphone. “It’s Gabby!” she exclaimed reading the text all by herself not allowing anyone for a peek.

            “Is she okay? Where is she?” Rydel asked while we wait for Erika to answer. She replied to Gabby with a calm face. “She’s fine. She just needs some time alone,” she answered glaring at me again. Everybody sighed from relief that she’s okay.

            “Look Erika. I didn’t mean for it to go this far,” I explained trying to get them understand. “I thought it was okay cause we were so comfortable with each other,”

            “Gabby is different Ross,” she answered understanding me a little. “She’s different from the other girls you have flirted with. Big or small. And definitely different from Laura,” she gave me a pat on the shoulder and smiled. “I’m sorry,” I said and turned to everyone saying the exact thing.

            “Just be careful next time,” Ratliff said while the others nod in approval. “I understand,” I replied and proceeded on walking. “Where are you going?” they all asked. I stopped and turned around

            “I’m going to look for her,” I smiled running of for the exit. Nobody ran after me so I guess I have their approval. I need to make this up on her. I need to say sorry and apologize.

            “A bracelet young man?” a vendor asked me loud standing on the sidewalk. I stop and looked at them and realize they have matching ones. “How much for these?” I asked pointing at the yellow with a hint of white color on them. “5 dollars,” he answered. “Here. Thanks,” I wore one and continue to find Gabby. Knowing she’s hungry, I looked over all the windows on every restaurant and diner I passed by.

            “She should be around here somewhere,” I whispered holding the bracelet tighter. I saw a small diner and looked on the window to see if she’s there. And indeed she is. I walked inside with a big smile on my face that got replaced by confusion and anger when I saw a guy sitting beside her.

--

A/N Any guess who's the mysterious guy? XD Thanks everyone for all the reads. Almost 500 O.o! Love you guys! <3 :* I'll try updating tomorrow ^^