❦9

I looked at Lucas, holding my hand to my cheek. I was out of words. I could never explain what that one moment felt like. I looked over at Grace, and she was giving me a thumbs up. I raised my eyebrow at her, and she gestured me to kiss Lucas again. I shook my head, embarrassed. She gave me a dirty look to do it. I guess I had to.

I slowly looked at Lucas. He smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck in a slow manner, and I leaned close to his face. He ran his fingers through my hair, and our noses touched each other's. Our lips were about to touch, until a door opened. "Honey, we're home!" A voice yelled. I sighed, and got up. "Coming, mother," I yelled, alerted it was my mom. Grace gave me a thumbs up. "You were so close!" Grace said, following me into the kitchen. "Oh– hello. Is this your friend Grace?" Mom asked, motioning her hand into view of Grace. I nod. Lucas then stepped in the kitchen. "Oh, hello! Are you.." Mom asked, trying to figure out who. "Lucas," Lucas said, answering Mom's curiousness.

"Oh. Well, nice to meet you two," Mom said, smiling and putting some groceries down. "Now, would you all mind if you could get groceries?" Mom asked us, pointing to the car outside. We all nodded, and headed outside. After putting all of the groceries down, we all got a notification on our phones. "Hey guys, let's check this in my room," I said to Lucas and Grace, taking the lead to my room.

We checked the notification, and saw a Sweet Seat message. Lucas read it out loud. "Tomorrow; 9:45 a.m, there will be a new sweet seat gathering with Janice as the host like always and Faith as the questioner. Join us tomorrow for this gathering to hear about a fight that broke out yesterday!" I stood there. "Girl, we'll be your witnesses. Right Lucas?" Grace said, trying to convince me everything will be alright. Grace looked at Lucas, along with me, and he was clinching his firsts, trying not to show angry possession. "You okay..?" I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder. "I just don't understand why Janice would do such a terrible thing.. Punch you, now force you to go to sweet seat? Wow," Lucas said, losing the tight clinching to his fists. "I'll be okay," I inform Lucas. He nods.

"Well, we should be going. Tomorrow is a great day," Grace said, sarcastically while walking to the front door. Lucas kissed my cheek, and left as well.

I woke up, and I was staring at the roof. "Crap," I mumbled, knowing that I was going to be interviewed on Sweet Seat. "Honey, breakfast! Wake up!" My dad yelled. I got up, and got changed into my normal day clothes, since Sandy isn't my friend anymore, and walked downstairs. "Hey mom, dad," I said, retrieving a toast from the plate. "What's wrong with your face?" Dad asked, grabbing my face and turning it into his position. "Just.." I tried to explain about my bruise on my face. "I slept on my makeup last night.." I said, shoving his hands off of me. "Alright. Now, I'll see you after school. Bye honey," Dad said, waving as I stepped out the door.

I carried my backpack, as I slowly walked to the bus. I got in, not greeting Mr.Hank. I walked down the aisle, and saw Lucas gesturing me to come sit with him. I smiled, and walked to him. I sat beside him, and leaned my head up against his shoulder. "You alright?" He asked me, as he motioned toward me. As he turned to me, I silently wept into his chest. "Girl, what's the matter?" Grace asked, leaning over the seat behind us. I choked back in tears. "Just everything!" I say, still weeping into Lucas's chest. "Don't worry girl, no matter what it'll be fine," Grace said, sitting back in the seat behind me. Lucas kissed my head, and Janice noticed at that second. She got up, and sprinted over to my seat where I had sat with Lucas.

"Sit down Janice!" Mr.Hank yelled. Janice ignored him, and stared at me. "You two are a thing now?" Janice asked, clinching her fists. I looked up slowly, and nodded. She raised her hand as if she were about to punch me, until Lucas held her arm in the same position. "What are you doing?" Lucas asked. Janice ignored Lucas, and removed her arm from Lucas's grip and she swung her fist at my face again. She succeeded.

Lucas slapped Janice, releasing his fury on Janice. Janice stood in shock as she held her face. Lucas sat down, and kissed my head. The last I saw of Janice that morning was her run to Sandy while crying.