❦14

During lunch, I was sitting at a table with Grace and Lucas. "Do you really think people will look up to me? So much students have heard me this morning," I say, mumbling as I poke my food with my fork. "Of course girl! Many people than just students heard you!" Grace said, chewing and moving her fork in the air. "What do you mean?" I ask, perking my head up and placing the fork down. I noticed Lucas had nudged Grace's arm, before she spoke again. "Many people heard you! Teachers, T.As, the Nurse, the Janitor, parents at the conferences," Grace said, poking a finger out as she said each name.

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Great going," Lucas said, as he scooted closer to me. "Sorry!" Grace said, shrugging. "It's alright. Everyone probably hated Janice anyway," Lucas said, comforting me. I leaned my head against Lucas's shoulder, and he placed his chin on top of my head. Before I could speak, I heard a lunch tray be placed on the table and Grace say, "Hello..?"

I looked over, thinking it was Janice. "What do you want?" I asked, glaring at the person beside me. But, it wasn't Janice. "O-Oh," I spoke, noticing it was someone I didn't even know. "I'm so sorry!" I said. "It's alright, thought it was Janice huh?" The girl spoke, holding her hand on her hip. "Yeah." Then there was silence. "Who are you?" I asked, looking at the girl as she sat down next to me. "I'm Winter. You're Faith, right?" Winter asked me. "How did you know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I heard you talk to Janice during Sweet Seat when I was in Art. Man dude! You rock at roasting people!" Winter said, getting a grip on my shoulder and shaking me. "Wow, thank you!" I said, earning a grin to my face.

"Well, I have to go. My friends are waiting for me to go to the skate park. I'll catch you later. Oh and by the way, I ship you and Lucas," Winter said laughing, getting up and grabbing her skateboard. "You're ditching school?" I asked. "Sure. My friends and I always do it, and teachers never notice. So, wanna come with?" Winter asked. "I'm okay. Thanks for the offer," I said smiling. "No prob," Winter said, saluting us three and running off.

Her appearance was absolutely beautiful. She was blonde and her hair was down to her mid–back. She wore a white hang down shirt that had big black words saying "Hawaii", and she wore white jean shorts. They were mostly ripped. Then her shoes were sneakers, they were white and gold.

I looked over at Lucas. "You aren't going to ditch school, right?" Lucas asked. "Why would I even?" I ask, rolling my eyes and getting up from the seat. "Where you going?" Grace asked. "I'm going to get a head start to class and then I'll meet you guys outside the school gates after school," I told them. They both nodded and we walked opposite.