❦10

I sorda felt bad for Janice, even though she was a brat to everyone now. I looked over at Lucas, who was now staring out the window. "Lucas, you know you could've just let me deal with it," I tell him, caressing his cheek. He shrugged. "I'm sorry I'm a little over–protective of you," Lucas replied, still staring out into the outside. I smiled. The bus pulled up to the school, and Lucas, Grace, and I walked to the school gates. "You know you may be on Sweet Seat, right?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged, with a slight smirk.

"That's alright. It's just some stupid thing," Lucas said, rolling his eyes. "You could just lie also," I said, smiling. "Are you crazy girl? If you lie during Sweet Seat you can be damned by, well, anyone!" Grace said, holding her hands to her hips. "Well, then–" I say, until the school bell rung, interfering with my conversation. "Ugh. Sweet Seat. See you guys there," I say, waving. Lucas and Grace waved as I walked off.

Once I set my backpack down on the table during math, the morning announcements came on, and it was Sandy. "Hey guys and gals! How are y'all? Good! Today, lunch is pizza and salad. For Sweet Seat, Faith the new girl is going to be interviewed at 9:45 mostly. Stop by to see how a fight broke down! And we're watching you, Faith," Sandy spoke. I rolled my eyes, noticing that the class was staring at me. After studying, I left the room to go to Sweet Seat. I stepped out into the hallway, and saw Grace and Lucas talking. "Guys, let's go," I demand. They nodded, and started walking with me. Lucas kissed me on the cheek, and hugged me as we walked. "You'll be fine," Lucas said quietly.

I smiled, and we reached the solid wood doors that lead to Sweet Seat. I looked over my shoulder at Grace. She gave me a thumbs up, and I walked into the room. There was a whole audience there already, and as I stood in, they hollered and booed. "Come sit down on the Sweet Seat," Janice yelled, smirking as she sat on the wooden chair facing the seat. Once I sat down on the Sweet Seat, the whole room immediately went quiet. Janice grabbed the microphone from a table beside her, and she tapped the top of it. "Hey, Faith," she said, as she got comfortable in her chair. I do a small smile. "Everyone in Smoky knows about that fight. How I punched you?" Janice said, cuffing her hands along with the microphone in her hand. "Well, y-you found out that I l-like..liked Lucas.." I explain, stuttering. "Yes. And now you two are a thing? Ha. Pathetic," Janice laughed. "And your "boyfriend" slapped me on the bus today. You wanna date someone like that? Someone who hurts your friend?" Janice asked. "You're not my friend!" I yelled. The whole crowd gasped. "You punched me after knowing I had a crush on your crush! You almost punched me again on the bus for knowing we were dating! You probably spread rumors around about me, you were my friend until you turned into the b*tch that you were before I came! Why don't you just go away and stop being a princess like your shirt says?!" I yell off the top of my chest. Janice just stared at me, her eyes wide open. The room was still quiet. "You go girl!" Grace yelled from the crowd, standing up. I saw Lucas stand up to, and applaud. Grace applauded also. Then, it was like a wave of clapping. The whole room, except for Sandy and Gloria, were clapping. "You told her!" A voice shouted. "Woo!" Another voice echoes. I smile, and stand up.

I look over at Janice, and she had an angry face. Very angry. I smirked, and walked off the Sweet Seat, and Grace and Lucas followed me out of the room. I heard the crowd still hollering once we exited the room. "Girl, you so told Janice!" Grace laughed, high–fiving me. Lucas smiled. "Yeah. I don't think that Janice's popular group is going to last so long now," Lucas laughed along with Grace. "Wait, she was in that group?" I asked. They both nodded. "I actually stood up to a popular girl."