11. Busted

"No way!" I cry and turn my body to face Pietro as we walk through Central Park. "Lady Sif would totally kick Thor's butt if he didn't have his hammer!" After lunch at the quaint little cafe, Pietro and I crossed the street and entered Central Park. We're somewhere in the heart of the little splotch of green surrounded by the city.

"How do you even know about her?" Pietro laughs while looking at me as I return to walking at his side.

"How do you even know about her?" I respond back, lifting a brow as we stare each other down. "Because I do my reading and research." I state, which causes Pietro to roll his eyes at me.

"I read also..." With a smirk, I pause and make him stop walking as well.

"Name the last book you read. Right here." I ask with a snarky smirk.

"That's not important!" He declares defensively and tugs me along so we continue to walk down the sidewalk.

"Ha! I knew it!" I start laughing. This causes a few people to shoot us confused looks while others take out their phones to snap photos of two Avengers just casually walking through Central Park.

"Shut up." He grumbles before a few people start shouting to our left, pointing towards the sky. I roll my eyes. Whatever it is, it's probably going to be our problem. Because I mean, nobody just points and looks at the sky like in the movies. Having just one normal day out is just too much to ask for, I guess. We both move to the commotion anyway. Considering our job is to keep the planet safe, checking out the commotion to make sure nobody's in immediate danger is probably a good idea. What I find surprises me. Looks like nobody is in danger after all, but as for Pietro and I, we're probably in trouble.

"Pietro, Iris." The robotic voice that sounds rather human greets us as he floats through the air and above the mass of people gathering until he's in front of us.

"Vision." I nod my head before lifting a brow at him. He always seems so calm. It's unnerving. I can never figure out what he's thinking or feeling. You know, if he has feelings. I mean, I'm sure he does. They're probably just a bit more different from human's emotions, right? Yeah, I don't know. It's something to ask Tony, I guess.

"We were informed that one of the Quinjets had taken off unscheduled and landed at Stark tower, with the two of you aboard." The in-the-flesh A.I. calmly continues as he lands in front of the two of us.

"Oh?" My eyes shift over to Pietro questioningly. I'm not sure what else he had planned for today, or if he'd rather return to the facility as I'm sure that's why Vision's here. "I'm...assuming we're wanted back at camp?"

"That would be most appreciated." Vision says, his own attention settling on Pietro to see what he has to say about all of this.

"And if we don't return...?" Pietro asks with a lifted brow.

"I'm afraid I was sent to retrieve the two of you." Vision gives the two of us a hard look, which causes me to look everywhere but his face. Pietro can deal with this. But, soon after I'm forced to look back at him. I can practically feel the mischief radiating off him.

Oh no...

"Pietro..." Before I can give him a warning, he grabs my hand and tugs me away from Vision as he takes off in a normal sprint, tugging me along. "Pietro!" I shout, laughing. "We can't outrun him like this!" We aren't moving at the speed of sound, or even light, no. We're just running like two normal people. Except there's an exasperated A.I. floating behind us like a bemused parent. And we aren't normal people. Yeah...there's nothing normal about this, or our lives, for that matter. We continue to sprint down the sidewalk through the park. We weave and dodge people as we run, causing some people to shout at us, and others to just stop and stare. I'm not sure if it's because they're starstruck or just because of the absurdity of two Avengers crashing around through Central Park with a floating A.I. following at a brisk pace looking completely bemused. Either way, we seem to be causing quite a stir here.