Twenty-Seven.

Now Playing... Belong To You 

"Evan, don't you dare make me go back out there." I warned, glaring intently at him, and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Oh, you're so going back out there." He smirked. "Life is full of things you don't want to do, and this just happens to be one of them."

"Bullshit."

He chuckled. "Get out there and show him you're stronger than that, you fool!"

He had a point.

And I could always ignore Wes at home.

I walked out to their table, setting their respective drinks in front of them before grabbing my notebook. "What can I get ya?"

"Can I have the blueberry crepes?" Olviia asked, smiling sweetly at me, and it was extremely hard to hate her when she was so nice.

The universe was evil like that.

My gaze averted to Wes' after I wrote down her order, and he stared as if he was trying to read me. I stared blankly back at him, raising my eyebrows.

He sighed and broke our eye contact. "I'll take french toast."

Once I took their order to the kitchen, I tended to the rest of my tables, and then when their order was finally ready, I took it out to them. I had "accidentally" spilled Wes' drink when I was trying to refill it, but he was too busy analyzing my soul to notice.

Once they finally left, relief flooded through me, and when my shift finally ended six hours later, I nearly kissed the ground as I walked out of the restaurant. Wes was sitting in the living room when I got home, and even though he tried best to talk to me, I ignored him just as well. For two hours, I stayed in my room, blasting my music so I wouldn't be able to hear him, but then I grew hungry, so I walked to the kitchen. I was humming a song as I looked through the cabinet, and I jumped slightly as warm hands gripped my waist, spinning me around. I gasped, meeting Wes' piercing eyes.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He whispered, his warm breath fanning against my skin, and I suddenly forgot how to form words. He raised his eyebrows, walking backwards until my back hit the pantry.

"I-I..." I stuttered, unable to look at his intense gaze. "I'm mad at you."

He grew confused. "Why? What did I do?"

I rolled my eyes, trying to escape his grasp, but he tightened his hands around my waist. "You were that girl again, the same one you brought on New Years. I saw how you flirted with her. It hurts. You haven't bothered with a girl in two weeks, and now you're back at it. As if..." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "As if I didn't matter."

"She's also someone I study with for school. We went out to talk as friends, nothing more." I remained silent, and he clipped my chin, tilting my face towards his. "She's just a friend, I promise. You're the only girl that matters to me now. We made a deal, and I keep my promises."

He planted a small kiss against my lips before dragging me in for a warm hug. I buried my head in his chest, concentrating on the sound of his rapid heartbeat, as he chin rested on top of my head.

"What are we doing, Wes?"

He sighed, pulling me closer. "I really don't know."