Reason Why

Another movement wake Incy from her sleep but this time it was followed by noises and unrecognizable sounds.

Currently, she was leaning on a wall with legs folded in her chest. And as her eyes fully open, darkness greeted her.

The place she was in is just enough for one person. It's as if she's placed in a box or a big compartment. Her movements were limited and her head is almost touching the ceiling.

Incy, trying not to panic, did her best to cope with the situation. She remembered the advice of her brother to stay calm at times like this.

But it seems like fate is playing her as she heard heavy footsteps just above to where she was. And the sounds a while ago became familiar to her.

'It was gunshots' she thought and in a snap, fear started to crawl into her being.

'W-what's happening?!' She said to herself as she continue to hear the exchange of gunshots and screams above her.

'D-dad, M-mom, E-ello, where are you?'

Incy used her hands to cover her ears and curl herself more in the corner. Wishing it would be over soon as tears flow in her eyes freely.

'I'm s-scared'

'D-dad, M-mom, E-llo.'

'W-where are you?'

'M-make th-this stop, p-please.'

'Make it s-stop'

It was the longest time of her life. She wanted it to end soon but what's happening is the other way around. The fight seems to be extending and it was as if there's no end to it.

Incy begins to feel hopeless when the noises slowly fade until it stopped and silence consume the place.

Doubtful, she sensed first her surroundings to make sure if it was safe to move. After clearing everything she tried looking for an escape. And fortunately, the hedge above her suddenly opened revealing a face of a woman.

"M-mom?" She said as tears once again cascaded down her cheeks.

Realizing that her eyes are not deceiving her, Incy immediately went to hug the woman.

"M-mom!"

"P-princess, I-i'm glad you're safe." Her mother said while returning the hug.

"Yes, and I was so scared. I t-thought I'll never s-see you again."

"S-shh stop crying baby, M-mom is here."

"What happened Mom?" Incy asked as she wipe her tears away while still being hugged.

"I'll tell you later baby ha? R-right n-now please do M-mom a f-favor." The woman said causing her child to look up to her. She needed to make haste for she don't know how long can her facade last.

"M-mom? Is there's something wrong?" The girl asked, worry lacing her voice.

"A-are you okay?"

"D-don't worry about me. I'm okay."

"But you seem hurt." Incy said and was about to check on her when the woman cup her face preventing it to look down her body.