Chapter 9: Splashing in a pool

The light shined in my eyes good morning. But the talk of a code just once again raced in my mind. I just don't understand. So if the conversations with the moon are not real, that means its just me that I am speaking to. My brain or conscious?! Closing my eyes tight and dropping my head as if I were sleeping as I heard the door in the distance unlock. But I picked my head up when I realized it was just a girl, she could be older then 16. She walked in bare foot and with a tore bagy dress. She walked in with a tray, a large one like the women on the side of the road would carry the fruits on. I could see a plate with some food on it but hear metal clanging as she walked matching each step she took. She walk over to me and place the tray down on the chair and began to untie me.

" please, don't do anything stupid, they have the place surrounded." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.
I was free! But then saw the chains on the tray, that's what rattled for when she picked it up it made the same sound as when she walked. She put a tight metal thing around my ankle and clamped  it closed. The fear in her eyes made me get a worrying feeling. I asked her questions like what her name was or why she was here and only replied by putting a finger over her mouth to be quite.

The girl walked over to a beam and tied the end to it

The girl walked over to a beam and tied the end to it. Now tied down once again but I was able to walk a certain distance when I reach the end of the chain. I felt like a dog on the street tied to a telephone pole. She handed me the bread and a glass of water from the tray   She began to walk off when she turned back and whispered into my ear: " don't get attached to h-"
She was in interrupted by the loud roaring of the gun from the door way. She dropped to her knees, full eye contact as she clutched her abdomen. Blood seeped to the floor creating a pool around us as I listened to her heart. It was getting slower and slower.

" do not die, breath, everything will be okay" I screamed now sitting in the pool of blood, as I looked at James walking over to us. " help her!"

"Okay" he replied with a grin. Cocking the gun once again. The gun roared. This time the blood splattered on my face. Whipping it away quickly as I saw the lights bleed out from her eyes. Her body laying lifeless on the floor. Using my finger to close her eyes, she looked peaceful at sleep, permanently but I still cried. You don't need to know the girl to cry when she dead. She tried to help me and now she died in front of me and now I am drenched in her blood. I had watched the bullet travel in front of my face into her body. James grabbing the chair moving it away to sit, avoiding the river of blood travel that direction. I was still stunned at what had just happened.

Suddenly a voice called him from the door way

Suddenly a voice called him from the door way. He walked out and I was now alone again in a pool of blood. Great.

My hands were now free but blueish bruising was on my wrist remaining from the ropes. After eating all my bloody bread I attempted to wipe the floor of the blood with the clothes of girl. I felt bad de-dressing her and using them as a towel but I couldn't just sit in blood a all day. What ever was left dried up turning brown on the floor but my clothes took longer to dry. In the afternoon mama walked in and gave me cloths to change into. Only then that I actually felt clean in weeks even though I still had dry blood all over me.