Chapter 2: Falling

Marcel nodded his head as a hello as I made my way to the back and grabbed a mop. Starting from the back I mopped around the tables and people. The line now leading out the restaurant put a smile on face to know my pay was to be good. This was the last place I could call home and made me happy to stand in the Pizzeria but every once in a while a rude person would walk in. I found It funny to mop and mop and I might have gone over their feet and legs, and sometimes even pretend to trip over the mop and allow it to go flying and let it hit their mouth. It needed cleaning any ways. My eyes burned from all the sparks of light reflecting off of the floor. Once I was done mopping I went to the kitchen and ended my day kneading dough. Suddenly I was being shook only to realize I was sleeping, Marcel told me it was 1 A. M. Making my way to the roof I found my self barely able to hold the freezing cold metal bars of the the ladder to the roof. Half way up about over 8 stories up my grip loosened. My legs began to dangle. One wrong move I would have failed my mother to keep my self safe. I would fail to see tomorrows sun. One hand fell off the bar, the other hand; went Finger by finger, it burned from my grip on the bars. I didn't know what else that could make me wake up more.

My heart beat quickly almost as it was to pop out of my chest. I didn't dare scream for help, it was on me. If I screamed someone would have called 911 and they would have found out about me on the roof. My legs now flailing high above the floor and pushing me down more. Gravity was not a friend. I was on my last three fingers. I began kicking up my legs to get them on metal bars to push my self up, but my legs didn't keep a strong enough grip. They were slipping just as my life was. I truly had no choice but to let go. So I did.

On my way to the ground all I could do was to look up to the sky, at the moon, all the sparkling stars and the noisy plane covering some of my view. Where ever I was to go I guess I belonged there, better than this world. The wind rushed through me, Making my hair to fly up in every direction. Now my arms were flailing to prepare myself for the embrace I was to feel. Hopefully it is to be a peaceful passing. I heard screaming down below, but I refused to look down to face my death, I rather go into it back first. I was half way down almost reaching the other building down below. Suddenly there was a big crash sound, the pain over whelmed me. Everything went black. I no longer felt the pain!