Chapter 4: Road Trip

I was Lost But I couldn't just stand in front of the Hospital. It was late to go back. Crickets were singing their sound for every one to hear, and only two street light were working on this block. Walking down the street keeping my head down looking at the cracked side walk. Once I got to the corner I recognized where I was , Close to my school i began walking my usual morning path. reaching the the pizzeria I was hesitant to go up the latter while not even know if my belonging still remained. But Pushing my self into it, I went up. I made my way up, bar by bar. My stuff was still there, thank god. I sat for I was tied and ended up falling a sleep. For the rest off the week it went off as normal as if nothing had ever happened. Although people people starred at my legs in Curiosity, I still did not knowing what had happened for sure. How did I survive an eight story fall. Angel was the only one who knew what had happened. By Tuesday she had told me what happened that night. I was surprised but she was the one who screamed. Angel described that night that when I fell I landed on the pizzeria instead of the sidewalk like I expected. landing legs first, and banging my head to the ground right after like a rock tied to a string. I only fell two stories, but knowing what happened made me regret me leaving the hospital. But it was to late.

Wednesday rolled on just as Thursday, I got worried when she didn't show. I skipped school that day and roamed the city like i was a lost puppy. It was a cold late January day and the breeze made my nose red. As I walked I expected mama to walk down the street and wrap me in her warm embrace. It is now lunchtime and I just about walked through the whole city and she was a no show, it brought me to tears. Now drop after drop of water retracing from my eyes down my cheek to the floor. I had no choice but to return to the place this all started. Making my way to and into the building made me very worried to be caught , but it was easy for there wasn't any security or anything. To my old apartment building, I made my way up the stairs and up the restricted area where it leads to the roof. Once i was there i watched from the edge. I ended staying there until the next morning not once did i sleep to rest my eyes that now barely could stay open.

My heart felt broken just as it was until the mid of February, she never showed and I continued my usually routine just as before but would skip my last classes at the end the school day. I worked most the time. My happy self was gone, i felt depressed constantly. Angel attempted to talk with me about why I was the way I was but I shut her out. I don't need to disturb her life and getting attached more for I had a plan.

The end of February rolled out leading to a nice and warm March. Flowers bloomed, Birds were chirping but I still felt cold and alone. I wonder how mama was how the baby was. He or she will be one years old soon, well is he or she survived throw all the fuss. March 7, It was the day early morning when I woke and began to take down the tent. Once I was done I talked to the moon before it hid behind skyscrapers in the distance and in an instant it was gone. folding and twisting all my clothing into the book bag i brought with me when I left my home. The roof seemed empty, I had now erased my existence. The suns rays shined in my face warming me up as I made my way to the bus station, blocks away. I sat in between two older men on the rusty, scratchy bus bench waiting for the bus. Getting on the bus, I panicked because I have never left the city before. The bus driver, and old man looked at me funny as I passed the money to him and I sat in the back. I was loaded with my full book bag and the food I bought in the corner store.

I felt bad for what Marcel would think when he reads the letter I left him in the pizzeria. I was on the bus for three days. Waking up from a long nap sense the last pit stop. Every one began to clap when we past the shiny green, sign that said welcome to Florida.