Chapter 10: Jayden

Now mid day. Sun high in the shy, all I could do is think, and hide behind the beam I was chained to. The thought of the girl that is still laying there, dead on the floor, it puzzled me. What she said at least don't get attached to what, is it that important that James shot her to prevent her from finishing her sentence. Jayden? Mama? This whole thing was confusing. So I spent a year on a roof while mama looks pretty happy with James and the baby. She changed, she use to do anything to protect me but now approves of me being chained up and starving.

"Knock, knock, can I come in, oh wait you have no choice!" James walked in with the irritating grin. My mother followed. But I smiled for the beautiful baby boy was in her arms. He wiggled his legs, and flopped all over her arms.

Mama dropped him in my arms and left, thankfully with James

Mama dropped him in my arms and left, thankfully with James.  The baby, so eager to move around and was full of happiness but I wouldn't dare allow him to touch the bloody floor. But we stayed, for A WEEK. And the baby and I stayed in the warehouse for a week alone, every once in a while a girl would come in to give us food. The baby was considerate , because if I was sad and crying he made sure to make funny faces to cheer me up. Jayden was the last person I had left. He was true family. Every night before bed I would sing to him what mama use to sing to me. Then he slept on my stomach during the night. His pretty green eyes were just like our mother's. Things were going to be OK even though I was chained to a beam and taking care of the baby. Not one time did mama come in the whole week. But the day came that she did. She crabbed Jayden from my arms and looked at me as if I stole him. She stood there holding him for two minutes and give it to the other girl, that had been bringing Jayden and I food. James walked in and began to smack me around and asking about the code. My face now bleeding, drop after drop pinged into the floor, Jayden crying his eyes out. James voice getting louder and louder. The girl holding the baby left and came back without the baby in her arms.  Then proceeded to unchain me. A pillow case placed over my head. Dragged back and forth, as we traveled out the building. We were near beach but the whole time I was thinking. I don't trust anyone with Jayden, he belongs with me. The baby belongs in my arms. I Began to lift the bag from my head by shaking my head violently. Tossing and turning until I kicked the guy holding my arms back when I felt sand between my toes. I WAS FREE! I began to run, runningdown the beach until I heard the crying of Jayden.only to be tackled by mama. Down we went onto the sand. I swore to myself to protect him. Sitting up to see the anger in her eyes. Was the first time she had acted like my mother in a long time. We sat and talked about how and what has been happening.

" Carolina, we will live rich, finally, James showed me the way of life, we need to go in with force or be forced out" she said with her calm voice. She was back " change is good, now we need the code, yes it's illegal but you father deserves it, he left me with y-" she began to cry

" me, are you about to say he left you with me am I a burden or something!"

Mama nodded her head.